very interesting free softwares !!

  • kzptw_3d
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 6, 2012
      https://www.asiga.com/products/software/

      stomp : compress/uncompress stl 95 % !! + very good viewer

      sleece : convert slc to png
    • kzptw_3d
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 6, 2012
        I forgot a big thing :

        stomp generates slc from stl !!
      • Michael Joyce
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 6, 2012
          If you like that, then you might like this too:
          http://b9creator.com/software/

          Our free open source software is available on Windows, Mac and Linux.

          It allows you to "Layout" your .stl and .obj models in a 3D volume
          representing your build area.

          The "Slice" routine will slice your saved Layout to .slc or to our
          compressed .b9j file format. Your Layout can even contain multiple
          overlapping (non-Boolean'd) 3D objects and it will still slice correctly.

          The "Edit" routine will allow you to view/edit each slice and manually
          add supports (we highlight unsupported pixels in red to make it easy to
          spot areas that might need support). Edit also allows for import/export
          of slices in multiple image formats.

          And of course, our "Print" routine will control any printer that
          conforms to our documented API.

          We also provide open source firmware for our printer (conforms to the
          API) that could be modified for your printer's hardware.
          http://b9creator.com/firmware/

          Best,
          MikeJ

          On 12/6/2012 11:03 AM, kzptw_3d wrote:
          > I forgot a big thing :
          >
          > stomp generates slc from stl !!

        • Fernando Muñiz
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 6, 2012
            Heheh, just tried that for the first time today and it worked quite nicely indeed!
            But i see you are linking to the 1.1 version, does that contain updates or bug-fixes compared to the 1.01 I had before?

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 6, 2012
              Oh yes, we can expect improvements and bug-fixes going forward.  Always use the latest version if possible.

              --
              "Measure Twice, Cut Once"
              http://www.B9Creations.com