Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] z axis controler?

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 28, 2012
      One way to talk to a stepper motor from a PC is to use a microcontroller, the Arduino and similar use USB for programming but it can also be used for serial communications. Your PC program can send serial commands to the microcontroller then the microcontroller can produce step and direction pulses to a low cost stepper motor driver.

      Alternatively you can use the parallel port to create the step and direction pulses however these ports are becoming less common these days and the programming may be more tricky for smooth motion.

      It is possibly to use galvos but you then need a suitable laser source as well as the galvo hardware.

      Graham

      On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 12:47 PM, aslinurdan1812 <aslinurdan1812@...> wrote:

      Dear Friends, I m almost there to build my 3d dlp printer only need how to cominicate z axis step motor with software is there any body can send me plan of it or explaining ? and is it possiable with this system to print with laser galvo ?

      Thank you very much for all of you with answering and supporting.

      All my best...

    • luis h
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 17, 2012
        There are several ways to connect computer with stepper. You can use an arduino then use their utility for step and acceleration then send this signal to a stepper driver. You can create this signal directly from software but window is not good sending an steady signal. Are you programing the software or using someone else?

        Luis..