laser printer

  • Fabio
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 21, 2012
      I think that this patent is invalid in Europe(not converted in WO or EP), since some DWS works like Form1.

      http://www.dwssystems.com/cms/page.php?39

      Probaly, is just a way to scare Kickstarter and suck money at Formlabs,

      Fabio
    • dead1eaf
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 22, 2012
        I know this is a little off topic, but how do you think the DWS printers separate the part from the resin tray? It doesn't look like a slide or a tilt is going on.

        All the best,
        Jason
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 22, 2012
          I think it has a small flexible window at least for the small printer, this works fine for small cross-section parts I think

          Graham

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 22, 2012
            DWS (Blueray laser)Does a lift off and a dip down in the resin. There is no tilt/slice/vibrate.
            It is simply up and down. Up and down with a DLP and you end up under the En....tech patent.

            Cheers!
            Peter

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 22, 2012
              Their VAT is Solid Acrylic/Perspex/Plexiglass/Lexan...
              It does have a coating of some sort ( PDMS? ) that goes milky white after some usage. and you rotate the VAT 90 degrees- that way you have 4x the uses of the VAT.

              Peter