Re: Interest in a Open Source Printer Kit?

  • Henry Liu
    Message 1 of 47 , Aug 7, 2009
      Here's a new simple video showing the test ink ejection:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYZYvhQ07Tk

      Once I receive the boards back, I can show some actual graphics
      printing (solder wires to the legs of the 1mm ffc is a pain).

      I use a 4.5us pulse and a 1ms delay between ejections. You can see
      it's almost a constant stream out of 1 nozzle. My code is written for
      the parallax propeller and will be able soon when I have had time to
      clean it up.

      The circuit can be built on a breadboard and I think is perfect for
      experimenters. Not only are the higher resolution heads more of a
      pain to drive since they don't have any documentation but you also
      need to stream a lot of data. 600x600 dpi x4 colors = 1.44mbps per
      square inch you want to cover. While 96x96dpix1 color=~9.2kbps.

      With the propeller chip, there are modules for high speed streaming
      which makes tinkering a lot easier. Using viewport, you can stream
      data at 2mbps over usb from say Matlab into a buffer which holds your
      image file and does the processing.

      When it runs out of ink, I'll drill and tap a hole for a barb fitting
      to test a CIS system.

      If you don't want the X axis assembly, I can get you the head holder +
      FFC connector for $60 and you can build your own mounting, pcb, etc.
      If you mount this on the CNC you will have a printer capable of all
      sorts of cool things.

      Henry
    • Felice Masi
      Message 47 of 47 , Aug 12, 2009
        --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "raiorz" <raiorz@...> wrote:
        > You got a email...
        >
        > Rai

        Hep, got it. I uploaded (I thought it to be much bigger ... it was a matter of a couple of minutes).

        I haven't protected the folder already, should I?
        The rar (rar is much slower to brute force) has this password: diy_3dp&f
        And for me should be enough.

        Tell me if you want me to close the folder and what to use for user-pass. I can do that this evening.

        Danke seher.

        Felix