printed parts

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 2, 2012
      and here is some test parts printed, some with 0.8mm wall(the black box)
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3qoIL6XCNI&feature=BFa&list=ULKqRfienvB48
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 3, 2012
        LOL You are on a roll!
        Lots of goodies printed.

        Peter

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 4, 2012
          Yup, that´s what it takes to get it right :-)

          --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "pzamov" <pzamov@...> wrote:

          > LOL You are on a roll!
          > Lots of goodies printed.
          >

          > Peter
          >
          > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "afogassa" <afogassa@> wrote:
          > >
          > > and here is some test parts printed, some with 0.8mm wall(the black box)
          > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3qoIL6XCNI&feature=BFa&list=ULKqRfienvB48

        • Maxi Bertotto
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 4, 2012
            Wow! Congrats Afogassa!  What anti-stick metod are you using?

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 4, 2012
              sylgard and tilt.

              --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, Maxi Bertotto <tiwanacote@...> wrote:

              > Wow! Congrats Afogassa!  What anti-stick metod are you using?

            • broughit
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 5, 2012
                Very nice work Afogassa! I am very impressed. I'm still trying to get my B9 printing consistently. Hopefully when the non-beta software is released, it will be easier to print.
                BTW, The "tilt" function for separation is covered under a patent
                by one of the big 3d printer companies I believe. I think that is why
                Mike from B9 did not use that technique. It's OK if you use it for your own project, but if you someday want to put your printer on the market, you won't be able to use the tilt option.
                Just my random thoughts, for all their worth,
                Nik

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 5, 2012
                  Well, I´m shooting for bigger and precise parts, 0.2 accurate printed parts, so, i think tilting works better and i have achived that.
                  I´m not going to market it, becouse of the patent thing.
                  But as you say, if someone builds it then there will be no problem.
                  now it´s time to upgrade it with a alluminum table top and a nice acrylic cover.need to order more resin and it takes a long time to get it.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 10, 2012
                    Afogassa, I am impressed with the size and the surfaces of the parts. My big pieces detach from top, Are you using glass to create good adhesion?   How do you generate a good bond?

                    My Sylgard container deteriorates over time, and yours?

                    Thanks!

                    Maxi

                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 11, 2012
                      I´m using a alluminum plate with tapered holes on it.i burn the initial 5 layers for about 40 sec., having the graymask on helps to have a uniform cure thus avoiding warping and detaching for the build plataform.
                      Sylgard deteriorates if you burn the layer for too long.8sec in my case is good enough.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 11, 2012
                        There is much more to it then just that to get good parts out of it, .lot´s of tweaking on projector position and calibration.
                        the SECRETS no one wants to tell you :-)