Free Netfabb STL Program

  • vrsculptor
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2009
      Netfabb is a free commercial STL handling program. It lets you view, repair and slice stl files into CLI, SLI, SLC, SSL and CLS formats. You can also open slice files, zoom through and edit them. There may be utilities out there that print slice files. If there was we would have everything required for home built 3D printers. If we had a description of the file formats maybe we could make one. I didn't investigate as I am currently using a commercial printing service.

      I did play with the program and it is very nice and works as advertised.

      Thins sure are changing. When I looked a year or so ago our only slicing option was Rhino and there was some bugs in its SLC output.

      Roger
    • johnrpm@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5, 2009
        Thank for sharing this, it looks really useful for looking inside
        complex structures, as well as the fix tools etc.