Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Top down printer resin level management

  • Rob Hopeless
    Message 1 of 37 , Aug 6, 2012
      On Aug 6, 2012, at 11:22 AM, Jon Elson <elson@...>
      > Laser cured
      >
      > http://www.instructables.com/id/Build-a-Laser-3D-Printer-Stereolithography-at-Ho/

      Anybody know what his layer build time is, or what time is allowed for
      the resin to level out?
      And, what is his layer thickness?

      My layer build time is based on the size of the object like FDM printing is. The printer I built in the instructable moves about 10mm/s but the laser dot is about .1mm so it takes a long time per layer. I am mostly doing .1mm per layer. The build time is very dependant on infill and other settings in the model slicer. The octopus in the pictures took about 90 min to print.
      The platform lowers 2mm and pauses for 2 seconds then raises to .1mm lower than before. It then waits for 5 seconds for the resin to flow back. I use a 100cps resin but lower would be better if you can find it.
    • Michael Couch
      Message 37 of 37 , Aug 8, 2012