A scanning laser system with no correction and no problems?

  • eexgs
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2012
      I had a brain fart, probably reinvented something. I think it could work. Has pros and cons but quite a lot of pros:

      http://littlestworkshop-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/no-more-tears-laser-scanning.html

      Graham
    • chauveaufrederic@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 26, 2012
        Hi Graham,
        I've been in scan 3D since 1984 (I was in Stanford at that time)... serious systems don't use laser scanning anymore (except for scanning very large areas).. we use today structured light scanning with photogrammetry. I have a swiss scanner, an Imetric one, and I get a resolution of 5 microns .. impossible with the best laser scanner which gives no more that 20 to 30 microns...
        Then if you want a good scanner, you should look at david scan. The last version is working very well if you have a good camera... and if you do the post treatments in rapidform or geomagic.