LCD gated light cured system

  • Bertho Boman
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2 9:07 AM
      I found a detailed reference in an IEEE transaction. This looks good since it is not depending on UV light to cure. See the long PDF file for the details.
      Bertho
    • johntyson@bellsouth.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2 12:08 PM
        I saw something similar to this process when I was researching commerialy available machines. I can't remember which one it was but it worked by transfering a layer of photopolymer onto a belt.The build table was suspended above the belt. It was lowered until it just touched the liquid then the layer was imaged from below. The cured resin stuck to the previous layer and was lifted up. the belt transfered a fresh layer under the table and the process was repeated. It looked like a promising method except that I coudn't figure out how it would produce unsupported geometry, like a lip that curls downward( or up since the build is inverted). And none of the examples shown had any similar geometry. I noticed that the examples shown in the pdf also fall into this catagory (no problematic geometry).

        --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Bertho Boman" <boman33@...> wrote:

        > I found a detailed reference in an IEEE transaction. This looks good since it is not depending on UV light to cure. See the long PDF file for the details.
        > Bertho

      • gsi11135
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3 7:06 AM
          Bertho,

          Have you hear about using a plasma display without the phosphorus coating?

          http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6764796.html

          Wondering if there is more info on the IEEE site.

          Joseph
          Owner/Moderator

          --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Bertho Boman" <boman33@...> wrote:

          > I found a detailed reference in an IEEE transaction. This looks good since it is not depending on UV light to cure. See the long PDF file for the details.
          > Bertho

        • Boman33
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 3 5:47 PM

            Hi Joseph,

            The article that I copied did not mention anything about plasma displays.  Both types will have problem with free-floating sections.

            Have a great holiday,

            Bertho