ebay perfactory for 5g

  • creaturemaker@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 8, 2012
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 8, 2012
        Wow those things retail at 100k. I feel for the guy paying 30k for something that does not work and not being able to fix it.

        Graham

      • Lino
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 8, 2012

          I know.  ;-(

          Wow those things retail at 100k. I feel for the guy paying 30k for something that does not work and not being able to fix it.

          Graham

        • Paolo Velcich
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 8, 2012

            Whow, over 300K and still 3 days to go.
            It looks like, with little more efforts, Mike's campaign could fund JV's as well.

            Excellent result Mike.  Well done.

            :-)

                          Message 13 of 19 , Jun 11, 2012
                            Come on Mike, nothing like a little printing to keep you awake ;-)

                            Michel

                            --
                            "Measure Twice, Cut Once"
                            http://www.B9Creations.com

                            Message 14 of 19 , Jun 11, 2012
                              Yes! accuracy is kind of forbiden word here. I´ve seing realy nice things being printed, but what happens to "how accurate is it"?

                              --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, Graham Stabler <grezmos@...> wrote:

                              > I recommend doing a print of a small engineering part, another sector
                              > covered and perhaps another spurt!
                              >
                              > Graham
                              >
                              > On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 7:26 PM, Fernando <spacecaptain@...> wrote:
                              >
                              > > **
                              > >

                              > > Damn, it feels like it would deserve a party of some kind... to bad we're
                              > > all so far apart because it shure would be a hell of a great one!
                              > > Congrats Michael! I'll have a couple of drinks to the success of your
                              > > project!
                              > >
                              > > *** Well done, well done! ***
                              > >

                              > > On 06/11/2012 07:51 PM, Michel Jullian wrote:
                              > >

                              > > I told you so! Now 423k and growing, faster and faster since today's
                              > > update (impressive 25 micron layer prints), and still 13 hours to go!
                              > >
                              > > Incredible design and campaign Mike, quite a pleasure to watch!
                              > >
                              > > Michel
                              > >
                              > > Le vendredi 8 juin 2012, Michel Jullian a écrit :
                              > >
                              > >> A well deserved success! It seems the growth has been accelerating these
                              > >> last few days, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was a huge acceleration
                              > >> on the last day :)
                              > >>
                              > >> Michel

                            • Michael Joyce
                              Message 15 of 19 , Jun 11, 2012
                                Accuracy has (at least) two components, design vs print size and resin
                                shrinkage factors. For printing, our z axis is mechanical and very
                                accurate. The x and y are only as good as the projector calibration.
                                I'm working on "pre-slicer" scaling for combined calibration error and
                                shrinkage factors. For example, calibrate the machine using projected
                                grid pattern on a printed grid target, print out a calibration object,
                                let it fully cure and enter design vs actual for all three axis. Not
                                perfect, but should be a considerable help.
                                Mike

                                Message 16 of 19 , Jun 11, 2012
                                  The software could provide the default calibration object, with its support structure, so that artefacts such as warping due to inadequate supporting of a user supplied part wouldn't interfere. User would only have to enter actual x y z.

                                  Yay, 503k right now (told you you'd reach 500k ;), and still 71 minutes to go! Congratulations Mike!!!

                                  <*> Your email settings:
                                     Individual Email | Traditional

                                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                                     (Yahoo! ID required)

                                  <*> To change settings via email:
                                     diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                     diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                • Michael Joyce
                                  Message 17 of 19 , Jun 11, 2012
                                    Great idea, I'll try to incorporate that.
                                    You pegged the $500K, what a last day. :)
                                    Mike

                                    On 6/11/2012 11:49 PM, Michel Jullian wrote: The software could provide the default calibration object, with its support structure, so that artefacts such as warping due to inadequate supporting of a user supplied part wouldn't interfere. User would only have to enter actual x y z.

                                    Message 18 of 19 , Jun 12, 2012

                                      I had a shock when Amazon said my payment had failed! I had lost my Visa card since pledging and got a replacement (only to find the old one on the same day) but it tried the old one. Anyway fixed now thank god!

                                      Well done Michael, amazing stuff.

                                      Message 19 of 19 , Jun 12, 2012
                                        @Group I've been out of the loop for a few days ( a little fishing, a little R&R ) just saw that Mike's campaign got over 500 grand. Very well deserved congrats Michael!

                                        Peter