Junior's Big Secret is out

  • bobgarrish
    Message 1 of 5 , May 10, 2012
      He posted pictures of the highly secret insides to his blog an hour ago:

      Direct link:
      http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zh2u4d2yeIM/T6v5W3xYkMI/AAAAAAAAAUA/iwZNlz00wiU/s1600/Veloso+3D+JPG.jpg

      Blog link:
      http://3dhomemade.blogspot.ca/

      It looks an awful lot like an acrylic vat and a vertical linear stage with a platform attached to it. Who'd have thought?

      It looks like the truck for the tilt mechanism is mounted to the same rails as the platform, if that's what I'm seeing at the back. I guess there's no point in wasting good linear rails. That might be in my mind, though, since the space between the 'rails' seems to be filled.
    • Mike Polcyn
      Message 2 of 5 , May 10, 2012
        the "pictures" are merely adiosity renders of a 3d model. He says nothing of substance in the blog post...but instead makes vague claims of the superiority of his software.... time will tell.

        He has achieved onlly 34% of his indigio goal after nearly 9 weeks (closing the end of teh month). only showing his prototype performance, short on real info.. Michael J = 50% of his kickstart goal after a few days....showing prototype process, preproduction builds, . I know this is not a race, but the community is clearly voting with their dollars...

        Message 3 of 5 , May 10, 2012
          bobgarrish wrote:
          > He posted pictures of the highly secret insides to his blog an hour ago:
          >

          > Direct link:
          > http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zh2u4d2yeIM/T6v5W3xYkMI/AAAAAAAAAUA/iwZNlz00wiU/s1600/Veloso+3D+JPG.jpg
          >
          > Blog link:
          > http://3dhomemade.blogspot.ca/

          Hmmm, that picture looks synthetic, ie. off a CAD system. No real
          hardware to take pictures of.

          Jon
        • fernandocambui
          Message 4 of 5 , May 11, 2012
            The Junior Design is very close to the DWS Design. http://www.dwssystems.com/cms/file/downloads/schede/SCHEDE_J_SERIES_028.pdf.

            I like the originality and creativity of the design of Michael Joyce. Really wonderful.

            Fernando

            --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "bobgarrish" <bobgarrish@...> wrote:

            > He posted pictures of the highly secret insides to his blog an hour ago:
            >

            > Direct link:
            > http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zh2u4d2yeIM/T6v5W3xYkMI/AAAAAAAAAUA/iwZNlz00wiU/s1600/Veloso+3D+JPG.jpg
            >
            > Blog link:
            > http://3dhomemade.blogspot.ca/
            >
            > It looks an awful lot like an acrylic vat and a vertical linear stage with a platform attached to it. Who'd have thought?
            >
            > It looks like the truck for the tilt mechanism is mounted to the same rails as the platform, if that's what I'm seeing at the back. I guess there's no point in wasting good linear rails. That might be in my mind, though, since the space between the 'rails' seems to be filled.

          • Henrique Muringa
            Message 5 of 5 , May 11, 2012
              Hi Fernando!!!

              I'm from Brazil too!!