Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Re: Pretty CAD pictures

    Message 1 of 165 , May 2, 2012
      And as I was trying to say before my ipad ran out of batteries

      This is excellent timing because my Vivitek arrived yesterday!

      Graham

      On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 12:36 AM, Michael Joyce <MikeJ@...> wrote:

      I removed the lens assembly (pretty easy to do) and replaced the three
      screws with slightly longer ones and added three, 3.2 mm long, spacers
      so the lens sticks out a bit further. I left the color wheel intact.
      The spacer length is critical if you want an adjustable range. I focus
      just a tiny bit smaller than 50 microns and just a tiny bit over 100
      microns, going between those ranges requires repositioning the
      projector. (from about 5" away for 50 microns to about 10" away for 100
      microns).

      MikeJ

    • Michael Couch
      Message 165 of 165 , May 13, 2012
        Someone, pointed out to me that the Tesla Valvular Conduit that was 3D printed was in two parts and had 16 screws to hold it together BUT IT COULD have been printed as one piece and saved all the screws and extra work, etc.

        Now, if it was all in the Z axis, would a hose attachment part have meant that supports would be needed or not?

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25ElCGkQLTU

        Michael