Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Re: $500 3D Printer

    Message 1 of 165 , May 1 1:53 AM
      On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 10:21 PM, afogassa <afogassa@...> wrote:

      Snakes eating snakes....
      I´m wondering what is up with these 3d printers companies? is it a race to be the only 3d printer supplyer and then sale printer cartridges for 50 bucks?
      Just wait till the Chinese gets into mass produce it for 1.99 :-)

      Well this is diversification which bucks the trend. Looks like a nice little printer and I like the the use of sheet metal though it looks as if it could do with being a little thicker or having some reinforcing grooves punched in. Makerbot was really riding the coat tails of reprap so I don't think they can be too bitter.

      Graham
    • Michael Couch
      Message 165 of 165 , May 13 3:02 PM
        Someone, pointed out to me that the Tesla Valvular Conduit that was 3D printed was in two parts and had 16 screws to hold it together BUT IT COULD have been printed as one piece and saved all the screws and extra work, etc.

        Now, if it was all in the Z axis, would a hose attachment part have meant that supports would be needed or not?

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25ElCGkQLTU

        Michael