MakiBox A6

  • John
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2012
      Has anyone ever done business we these gents? Wondering about this product as it is listed as a $350 3d printer. For that price, it seems like the right product to start in on 3D printing as a hobbyist.
      Thanks
      John
    • silby101
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2012
        Yup, I am supporter #43 and have been following this since the beginning. They are planning on shipping within the next few weeks. You can follow the progress at http://makibox.com/ or be part of the discussion at http://forum.makibox.com/index.php or follow the founder at https://plus.google.com/u/0/106446122284956373609/posts

        I ordered mine when it was still in kickstarter phase, but it's now moved into production, so the deal I got isn't available anymore, but he will be putting more items on the site once things get shipping. One of the biggest wins is selling 1.75mm ABS filament for ~$20/kg vs Makerbot at ~$48/kg or even Stratasys at $88/kg.

        If you order now, you will have to wait a bit longer, since he is focused on shipping the first 100 or 200 and then catching up with the rest of the orders. They just hired a few engineers and have a space to work out of, and are busy assembling as we speak and making minor tweaks to the design. I'm super excited to see mine in action!