Hmmmm.. Some messages are disappearing from the group...

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 4, 2012
      @Group
      As I regularly backup the group I checked for Message 3072 - Message Does not exist... Strange as Google cache has the message cached...

      Hmmm?!?
      Good thing I do those backups and have the message.

      PZ.
    • Lino
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 4, 2012

        What message is that out of curiosity?

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 4, 2012
          3072

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 4, 2012
            There are others too. If you list the messages and look for the number and see if they are sequential.
            3058 to 3061, 3074, 3078 to 3081, need I say more?
            They are not spam. They are just gone.
            Could someone explain this?

            PZ.

            --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Lino" <creaturemaker@...> wrote:

            > What message is that out of curiosity?

          • Lino
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 4, 2012

              Haha yes… what is the message regarding I meant?

              > As I regularly backup the group I checked for Message 3072 - Message Does
              > not exist... Strange as Google cache has the message cached...
              >
              > Hmmm?!?
              > Good thing I do those backups and have the message.
              >
              > PZ.

            • Lino
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 4, 2012

                Nevermind. I didn’t realize the problem was endemic. I thought it was just one message

                There are others too. If you list the messages and look for the number and see if they are sequential.
                3058 to 3061, 3074, 3078 to 3081, need I say more?
                They are not spam. They are just gone.
                Could someone explain this?

                PZ.

                --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Lino" <creaturemaker@...> wrote:

                > What message is that out of curiosity?

              • Michael Joyce
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 4, 2012
                  It's pretty easy to delete a message that you've authored. I guess
                  someone is just cleaning up their history a bit.
                  I deleted a bunch of mine in a fit a of paranoia... kind of hard to
                  undo. :-[

                  MikeJ

                  On 3/4/2012 10:41 AM, pzamov wrote:
                  > There are others too. If you list the messages and look for the number and see if they are sequential.
                  > 3058 to 3061, 3074, 3078 to 3081, need I say more?
                  > They are not spam. They are just gone.
                  > Could someone explain this?
                  >
                  > PZ.
                  >
                  > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Lino"<creaturemaker@...> wrote:
                  >> What message is that out of curiosity?

                  "Measure Twice, Cut Once"
                  http://www.B9Creations.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 4, 2012
                    What do you have to be paranoid about?
                    It is a public domain.
                    BTW I may already have a backup ;-)

                    PZ.

                    --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, Michael Joyce <MikeJ@...> wrote:

                    > It's pretty easy to delete a message that you've authored. I guess
                    > someone is just cleaning up their history a bit.
                    > I deleted a bunch of mine in a fit a of paranoia... kind of hard to
                    > undo. :-[
                    >
                    > MikeJ
                    >
                    > On 3/4/2012 10:41 AM, pzamov wrote:
                    > > There are others too. If you list the messages and look for the number and see if they are sequential.
                    > > 3058 to 3061, 3074, 3078 to 3081, need I say more?
                    > > They are not spam. They are just gone.
                    > > Could someone explain this?
                    > >
                    > > PZ.
                    > >
                    > > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Lino"<creaturemaker@> wrote:
                    > >> What message is that out of curiosity?

                  • Michael Joyce
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 4, 2012
                      Yep.

                      MikeJ

                      On 3/4/2012 5:02 PM, pzamov wrote:
                      > What do you have to be paranoid about?
                      > It is a public domain.
                      > BTW I may already have a backup ;-)
                      >
                      > PZ.
                      >
                      > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, Michael Joyce<MikeJ@...> wrote:
                      >> It's pretty easy to delete a message that you've authored. I guess
                      >> someone is just cleaning up their history a bit.
                      >> I deleted a bunch of mine in a fit a of paranoia... kind of hard to
                      >> undo. :-[
                      >>
                      >> MikeJ
                      >>
                      >> On 3/4/2012 10:41 AM, pzamov wrote:
                      >>> There are others too. If you list the messages and look for the number and see if they are sequential.
                      >>> 3058 to 3061, 3074, 3078 to 3081, need I say more?
                      >>> They are not spam. They are just gone.
                      >>> Could someone explain this?
                      >>>
                      >>> PZ.

                      "Measure Twice, Cut Once"
                      http://www.B9Creations.com
                    • Michael Joyce
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 4, 2012
                        Back in December I was planning to offer an open source kit based on my
                        "pillow" or "film peel" method. Then I discovered it could have been a
                        patent infringement. Like I said, paranoia.
                        I may still open source my pillow method design, as it is not in
                        production (as far as I know?) and works pretty well. But I don't
                        intend to offer a kit based on it anymore.
                        MikeJ

                        On 3/4/2012 5:02 PM, pzamov wrote:
                        > What do you have to be paranoid about?
                        > It is a public domain.
                        > BTW I may already have a backup ;-)
                        >
                        > PZ.
                        >
                        > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, Michael Joyce<MikeJ@...> wrote:
                        >> It's pretty easy to delete a message that you've authored. I guess
                        >> someone is just cleaning up their history a bit.
                        >> I deleted a bunch of mine in a fit a of paranoia... kind of hard to
                        >> undo. :-[
                        >>
                        >> MikeJ
                        >>
                        >> On 3/4/2012 10:41 AM, pzamov wrote:
                        >>> There are others too. If you list the messages and look for the number and see if they are sequential.
                        >>> 3058 to 3061, 3074, 3078 to 3081, need I say more?
                        >>> They are not spam. They are just gone.
                        >>> Could someone explain this?
                        >>>
                        >>> PZ.

                        "Measure Twice, Cut Once"