Re: Dymax 9663 offer

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2012
      Sorry, but I still have about 20g from my sample (30g), otherwise a great deal. It does work as an adhesive too. It is fantastic for testing as it is very fast and reactive.

      PZ.

      --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, vrsculptor@... wrote:

      > When I was still working on my DLP printer I bought a liter of Dymax 9663 which was Junior's original resin. Normal list price is around $180, I got it for somewhat less. I used very little while testing. No more than a couple of thimble fulls.
      >
      > I was considering repackaging (under red light) in 4 1/2 pint paint tins and offering it to the group. It would give you a chance to evaluate commercial resin at a more or less reasonable cost.
      >
      > Cans are expensive if not bought in cases of 200 but shipping to lower 48 via express mail shouldn't be too bad.
      >
      > Are there 4 of you willing to pay $45 per can? If not I will put on Ebay. I don't know if international shipment is possible but if you know how I could give it a shot but cost is higher and I can't guarantee successful shipment.
      >
      > Roger

    • Michael Couch
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2012
        Great offer? Is this precise mixture available in the same quantity for the same price in the furture? I may be in a position to order a can but first I have to figure out how I would use it.

        Michael

      • vrsculptor@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2012
          Dymax still makes 9663 which is precisely what is in the cans and you can buy all you want at $180 a liter. If I had had the option to buy less than a liter I would have jumped on it. What you do with/about it is up to you.

          Roger