Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Re: sci spot 3d printer

  • Jack Coats
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 26, 2009
      :) ... The 'yahoo way' is to log into yahoo groups, go to the 'group',
      and on the
      'left hand column' one of the options is 'links'

      Threre are also sections for 'messages', 'files', 'database', etc

      But it seems reasonable to put 'links of persistent interest' in the
      links section
      and links of 'less significance' in the messages (like here). This keeps the
      links from being referenced 'out of context' that may seem not to be
      pertinanct and to keep the more pertinent to the discussion and links obviously
      associated and at hand.

      Just my .0219873 cents worth... :)

      IHS ... Jack

      On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 1:05 PM, Kevin Hawkinson <khawki02@...> wrote:

      > Joseph,
      > What's the link to the links section?
      >
      > Kevin H
      >
      > On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 8:31 PM, gsi11135 <gsi11135@...> wrote:
      >>

      >> Please post links in the links section! Thanks!
      >>
      >> Joseph
      >> Owner/Moderator
      >>
      >> --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "machinistjoe@..."
      >> <machinistjoe@...> wrote:
      >> >
      >> > Hi all, as my first post I tought I'd show you a guy who has used ca
      >> > glue as a build medium. He didn't have much luck with it, but I liked his
      >> > manual approach to 3DP here is the link
      >> > http://www.sci-spot.com/Mechanical/3dprinter.htm

    • Steve
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 27, 2009
        --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Hawkinson <khawki02@...> wrote:

        > Joseph,
        > What's the link to the links section?
        >
        > Kevin H

        At the bottom of every message, or at the bottom of the digest, there are links to Messages, Links, Database, etc. and to the list itself. You'll need to be logged into your Yahoo account to post links.

        Steve Greenfield
      • gsi11135
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 27, 2009
          Kevin,

          Both Steve and Jack are correct on instruction as to how to access the 'Links' section.

          I would like to openly argue that all links are contextual in form and, thus, deserve placement within the particular post. However, I ask all to submit links to the 'Links' section for easy reference to all, provided the posted link is adequately described. As to the management of the links themselves, folders will be set up to provide some semblance of order out of what may seem Link chaos as the list grows. I will rectify that shortcoming as soon as I have more time. I will also update the list policies as well to reflect the above philosophy.

          I would ask that if you have any further comments on the issue to address them to me, off-list for further discussion. I appreciate everyone's cooperation in making this list a positive and highly informative place for open, topical discussion on all things DIY 3D Printing and Fabrication.

          Joseph
          Owner/Moderator