Ceramic 3D Printing

  • tiredengr
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 23, 2009
      I'm not an active member of this group but a sometimes lurker.
      This article appeared on one of the engineering newsletters.
      I thought you guys would be interested in looking at it.
      http://www.deskeng.com/articles/aaapwt.htm
      Hope it applies.

      Rod
    • Jack Coats
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 23, 2009
        Yep, good catch. I have seen information on folks doing 3D printing of
        cake frosting, hot glue, cement, slip (for ceramics), wood flour paste,
        dental ceramic clay (the print head just printed water onto the dental clay),
        powder metal (like they do power metal parts from -- but that is usually an
        injection molding kind of process), and of course various plastics.

        Personally I believe that folks could do it with just about anything that they
        can get to bond together!

        IHS ... Jack

        On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 4:41 PM, tiredengr <rodmogle@...> wrote:
        > I'm not an active member of this group but a sometimes lurker.
        > This article appeared on one of the engineering newsletters.
        > I thought you guys would be interested in looking at it.
        > http://www.deskeng.com/articles/aaapwt.htm
        > Hope it applies.
        >
        > Rod
      • cdo98020
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 23, 2009
          See Message #455. It is the same content but it is the original
          source. ....CDO

          --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "tiredengr" <rodmogle@...> wrote:

          > I'm not an active member of this group but a sometimes lurker.
          > This article appeared on one of the engineering newsletters.
          > I thought you guys would be interested in looking at it.
          > http://www.deskeng.com/articles/aaapwt.htm
          > Hope it applies.
          >
          > Rod

        • gsi11135
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 24, 2009
            Just a reminder to all, post all links to the links section with ample description. Thank you!

            Joseph
            Owner/Moderator

            --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "tiredengr" <rodmogle@...> wrote:

            > I'm not an active member of this group but a sometimes lurker.
            > This article appeared on one of the engineering newsletters.
            > I thought you guys would be interested in looking at it.
            > http://www.deskeng.com/articles/aaapwt.htm
            > Hope it applies.
            >
            > Rod

          • Joe Phillips
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 24, 2009
              Oops! Mah bad, I'll post it in the link section.