RE: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Re: sla-250

  • Lino
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 30, 2011

      I am pretty happy with the results of my search. I have found at least 4 (150-200mw) 405 nm lasers for prices around 175-200 US. My only concern would be beam diameter but I think I can collimate that to tolerable sizes. I will say that the original beam diameter of  (0.1mm/.2mm) is kinda hard to beat with the retrofitted systems.

      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 1, 2011
        That sounds pretty handy!
        Do you think you would be able to retrofit your machine with this laser? Does it even fit or is it just a matter of plugging an optic fiber into an input?

        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 1, 2011

          Fernando, the tube laser that was there when I got the machine was huge. This new laser will need to have a base made but it will have acres of free parking.

          Lino