    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 24, 2011
      @Group Hi all,
      I received my samples today from Dymax.
      I have:
      9663 - 30ml
      4-20508 - 10ml
      4-20638 - 30ml

      and some plungers and needles.

      I'll have to build a microscope slide VAT like Fernando and run it trough the projector.
    • Spacecaptain
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 24, 2011
        Nice to see we are going forward with the testing.
        Remeber that I am doing all my tests with regular glass, be it slides or glass panes.
        I will be starting to source my boro-float soon. Let's see what I can find.

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 24, 2011
          @ Fernando - My slides are also soda-lime glass ( although the company that sold them assured me they are borosilicate !?! - I wonder if they know what borosilicate glass looks like), and so is my VAT for testing. If the tests are not to my satisfaction as far as speed is concerned then I'll install the Borosilicate, but not before I receive the Teflon Sheet film and try the silicone covered glass.

          I'll be receiving a quote for more borosilicate glass.
          Let me know if you want me to ask.
          Look at the post for the pictures of the cut:
          http://3dlprint.com/2011/10/it-helps-to-complain-and-run-a-blog/

          These guys are not too far off on price too:
          http://www.knightoptical.co.uk

          I also am going to experiment later with a VAT from a 200mm diameter Petri Dish. I looked at one today in a laboratory glassware supplier and is pretty big and flat, and transparent ( soda-lime glass ). I hope the Petri dish will make a nice VAT since it already has the walls @ 30mm or 25mm for the 180mm one. Pricewise it is around 2-4 Euro.

          Cheers!