It helps if you complain and blog about it!

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 20, 2011
      @ Group I have had just about enough of a particular company. They were suppose to cut some borosilicate glass for me in 150mm x 150mm and 150mm x 200mm in 5.5mm, and some regular silica green glass in 70mm x 90mm x 10mm. I had called them at least once every workday for the last month+ ( mind you they gave me a week time frame for cutting, 2 week at the most). The manager in question was: out, in a meeting, in the warehouse, fixing the CNC glass cutter, business lunch etc. I posted on the www.3dlprint.com blog and he had prior knowledge of the blog. Long and behold today I have my glass neatly packed and for the price of the shipping and with compliments of the company for not releasing their name. WOW! I like blogging. I'll have to start other blogs for the other problems I encounter every day. LOL

      I promptly placed another order with them under the condition, that they keep the time frame and charge me for the previous order.

      I plan to:
      1- coat with 100% Silicone for aquariums.
      1- for a test with the TEFLON FEP foil.
      1- for a bonding test with TEFLON FEP foil.
      1- for a spare.
      also:
      1- regular glass 150mm x 150mm x 5mm for calibration and stuff.

      I can maybe resend it @cost + shipping if anyone else has trouble finding it. I'll let you know what the cost is when I get a proper quote.

      Cheers!

      P.
    • Ronald T
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 24, 2011
        Hi, new member here. I had a similar experience, but not as drastic, with a Prusa Mendel plastics order. You can read about it here:
        http://www.plansandprojects.com/My%20Machines/Prusa_Mendel1/

        BTW, it ended well!