Re: Guiden recomended Maximum size

  • raiorz
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 18, 2008
      --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, serkan ozkan
      <virtual_passenger@...> wrote:

      > Hi Rai and all friends,
      >
      > Thanks for very usefull infirmation. it is really good ideas. i will
      definetely combine with my idea.

      > I think we can also use those paper sensors as limit sensor I think!
      because no collution required. you need to pass an object into it.

      This was never a question for me,those U-gable light barriers are cheap
      and for paper start position its a must, because they have no backlash,
      so each layer start at same pixel-position (mechanical switch will
      produced position differences from round 0,1 to 1,5 mm)

      > There is another idea come in mind!
      >
      > If i make the paper size custom and double longer in printer settings.
      > when it is print and comes middle of pre-setted double paper size(
      which is our real working area) then, There will be a switch reverse the
      dc motor mines to plus automaticly and it will run back, as the print
      area is empty, it will move very fast to the starting point on actual
      work, but it will think in printer setings, it is going forward. when it
      s comes to the start another switch reverse the dc motor back plus to
      mines again automaticly like a music type player !

      That is exact what i do with my HP, but i dont talk about it, because it
      can demage the driver, because there are high amps while revers a full
      running DC motor.
      Thats why i do it in 2 steps with 2 simple relays :
      The first one disconnects the DC motor from the printer driver, and with
      a another contact it connects the two DC motor pins (that brakes the
      motor speed very fast, otherwise the motor would run out free).
      After round 0,2 sec (when the motor stoped, btw, dont wait much longer,
      otherwise the printer "think" there is a mechanical error) the second
      relay do this:
      2 contacts revers the DC motor (swapt the lines from driver) and another
      2 contacts revers the encoder (swap encoder output lines). Then, the
      first relay give the motor power free...
      To find out which encoder pins you must swap, a oscilloscope is
      helpfull, but with a simple voltage meter you also can do this: The
      encoder should have 4 pin. one must have ground, another +Vcc (some
      printers have encoder +Vcc only while printig). The next 2 pins are the
      encoder outs. The output voltages must go visible up/down while you slow
      moove the encoder wheel.

      But there is a problem, i would talk over: In that way you have no
      control over the backward speed. But while printer move backward it put
      a new powder slide, so in some cases it is needfull to change this speed
      depending on the powder.

      > As i have explainded previously, for the dancing movements like paper
      feeding and cardridge cleaning things always happends when the
      cardridges move on the park positions for their cleaning area. Because
      this position has some switches to activate their gearboxes for other
      jobs, which is problem for us!

      Not in my HP

      > I have tried to use a transistor ( 2N3055) for stoping dancing, and it
      is working. as long as there is no electric signal on the x axis (
      bridge) dc motor then, Paper roller motor would not be activated! it is
      activating like rai said another dc motor or i did not tried to risk but
      it might work a resistor! same power as the dc motor, or cut the power
      off from paper driver motor by the transistor.

      > I am actualy thinking to connect my transistor base pole to the
      cardridge trigerring cable when the cardridge trigered by the controller
      for printing, same time transistor will be trigerred and paper runner dc
      motor ciruit will be activated automaticly Accourding to their
      positions, this will be run by the switches might be direct power to the
      dc motors to their starting points. i am also afraid to touch it!
      because i dont know which line is correct! i will try for sure! i will
      keep inform you guys.

      I simple soldering out the original U-Sensors mount it on a place that
      it read the right position and connect it via a cable.

      btw: HP need round 13cm movement before a page start (13cm running
      before the 3D platform), otherwise, if the paper-start sensor have less
      distance, the printer "thinked" that there was paperjam and try to run
      a free empthy page. May you can use this feature for fast running, not
      printing, but to raise powder layers (You need a lot of this when you
      start the printer with new, not leveled powder fillings)

      Rai
    • Sirous Nekooei
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 12, 2010

        > There are also some other ways: For my HP, i found a special, but
        > simplest solution...
        >
        > Rai

        so what's your solution?
      • raiorz
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 12, 2010
          Yes, i wrote this, but... regarding what?
          Sorry, but i dont remember... please tell me more and i can answer
          Rai

          --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Sirous Nekooei" <snekooei@...> wrote:

          > > There are also some other ways: For my HP, i found a special, but
          > > simplest solution...
          > >
          > > Rai
          > >

          > so what's your solution?

        • Sirous Nekooei
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 13, 2010
            <raiorz@...> wrote:

            > Yes, i wrote this, but... regarding what?
            > Sorry, but i dont remember... please tell me more and i can answer
            > Rai

            rai,
            you wrote:

            And now a simple way to trick it out, without special soft:
            Use a second motor + encoder unit, from another printer(!), and mount it
            somewhere under the table. This unit do nothing for your mechanic, but
            while it is connectet to the printer, the printer "think" it can dance
            with the paper... Then, after all "dances" are over, you switch all
            connection from this unit to your original motor+encoder unit and from
            this moment your printer move, find the paperstart switch (to sync the
            start point) and print your slide. After the printjob is over (and the
            pinter position is behind your platform), you switch the printerhardware
            back to the second DC+encoder unit and drive your original unit via your
            mic to move printer back home.

            There are also some other ways: For my HP, i found a special, but
            simplest solution...

            Rai

            what's your special, simplest solution?