Re: Question: Your 3D DLP printer project status

    Message 1 of 44 , Sep 12, 2011
      @Jon What do you need from JR?!?

      http://www.3dlprint.com
      http://techoro.blogspot.com
      take a look at both.

      Even if JR releases a kit ( If he releases a kit ) it will be a bolt on solution to the frame.

      P.

      --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, Jon Elson <elson@...> wrote:

      > vrsculptor@... wrote:
      > > I'm getting the feeling that after an initial burst of enthusiasm for building a 3D DLP printer that there are few left actually working on seriously working the technology or building a printer. Could you please respond to this post with your current level(s) of involvement?
      > > 1) Neat idea, may do someday.
      > > 2) Waiting for Junior.
      > > 3) Am planning to build one in the future after all the tech is worked out.
      > > 4) I'm not building yet but have ordered or are collecting the pieces to build.
      > > 5) I'm working on a specific piece of the technology, such as resins, release, software, basements...
      > > 6) I've started building
      > > 7) Build completed/mostly completed and I've started testing.
      > > 8) I started building but have hit a brick wall. Sort of like I've fallen and can't get up.
      > > 9) I have a specific concern that is preventing me from starting. I would really like to know what your concern might be so we can work the issue and others will not be blindsided.
      > >
      > I am not a chemist, and have a bunch of paying work in my shop that I
      > need to keep up with.
      > I was VERY interested in Junior's project and disclosure, until he
      > clammed up. I also have no
      > pressing need for such a device. Still, I am interested in the
      > technology. I also have a friend in the
      > area who really likes things like this, and might get involved if he
      > wants to try building one.
      > (I have the machine shop here, CNC mill and manual lathe.) So, I am
      > probably close to a 1,
      > but definitely waiting for a bit more of the technology to be worked out.
      >

      > Jon

    • Boman33
      Message 44 of 44 , Sep 16, 2011

        I think the very significant issue here is that 3D Systems can provide their high quality software to drive the Rapman printers.  Presumably they will put some limitations in it so it will not compete with their high-end printers.  Hopefully they will include the scaffolding option in the software.  It looks like one of the printers is a dual head model.

        Bertho

        From: techartisan   Sent: Friday, September 16, 2011 19:27
        Alibre is a Modeling Software company that was recently brought into the 3DSystems conglomeration....
        http://www.3dsystems.com/content/news/releases/pdf/071911%203D%20Systems%20Acquires%20Alibre.pdf
        These printers are just their pages distribution of 3dsystems Personal printers
        http://www.3dsystems.com/content/personal-3dprinters/
        The real value of Alibre lies here...
        http://www.alibre.com/products/default.asp