RE: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Re: Status Update on the planned build

  • Fernando
    Message 1 of 40 , Aug 2, 2011
      So, if I understand well I should be looking at a (precision) lead screw
      with a pitch of 5mm or less. This means that probably the stroke will be
      quite short and maxing out at 150mm? If I want something in the 400mm
      stroke ballpark with sufficient precision, will I probably have to build
      that myself?

      Those $100 steppers included you hint at seem to not be available on
      ebay this summer. I have been looking thoroughly and found nothing near
      those prices.

      On Tue, 2011-08-02 at 13:07 -0400, Boman33 wrote:

      > Besides the screw pitch it is way too expensive. US$ 400. Typical
      > eBay prices ought to be less than $100 and often including the
      > stepper.
      >
      > One thing to watch is if it is a zero backlash ball screw. It is not
      > important if typically the movement is up with gravity taking up the
      > slack but I am interested in a stationary vat an doing all the
      > movement with the Z-axis.
      >
      > Bertho

      > From: Spacecaptain Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2011 11:07
      > How about this puppy?