Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: License Agreements & Documentation

Expand Messages
  • thetoolguy10
    Hi Joseph and all. This is a real tricky one. Personally I like to help anyone who asks or share ideas on anything. I have found that goes both ways in most
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 2, 2008

      Hi Joseph and all.

      This is a real tricky one. Personally I like to help anyone who asks or share ideas on anything. I have found that goes both ways in most cases in especially when you are asking end of the questions.

      Personally this is a  hypothesize issue I feel, because some people want to know why, how and what if … (human nature type of thing)

      I have had a friend in the same position

      He made a device  at home and it was copyrighted etc….A Large company come to him for rights to use it and he said the fee it X Amount (Not a large sum at all). They said no not going to see you in court to fight it out. Friend has got no money to fight it who win's???.

      This has happened to 3 people I know.

      Remember we all go to the ideas supermarket. Take what we want ,leave what we don't and on the odd occasion put something new on the shelf for others to use. Remember we do this here every day and discuss a certain company's designs here often . I would like to know what they think about it, But it can't' be stopped, that's what human nature does and some people take advantage of this. Personally copyright is words that say don't, but it doesn't stop us because humans have passion in all different type of things be it trinking or making money or helping others to put new stuff back on the shelves at the ideas supermarket.

      Just remember if you put ideas out there people will use them however they want to. So don't complain if somebody rip's your ideas off. You don't have to do it. Everyone has the rights to not add their ideas. (A sad thing to happen). So use at your own risk sticker is needed

      Personally I'm full of passion and ideas, be it good or pie in the sky stuff and will always help if asked.

      Sorry I didn't actually touch on the Copyright issue at all. This is just a rambling thought train typed out loud

      Snow


      --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Boman33" <boman33@...> wrote:
      >
      > I suggest that all patents are carefully read again. At least the one I
      > checked from Z-Corp included as an ingredient in the powder "Optical
      > Brightener". There were lots of claims but always a key ingredient was the
      > brightener to get better looking colored printing.
      >
      >
      >
      > So mixing a powder without a brightener will not infringe on that patent.
      >
      >
      >
      > Patents need to be very carefully read to be understood. Claims are often
      > confusing but limiting in the scope of what is claimed.
      >
      > Bertho
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > From: raiorz Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 19:01
      >
      > Stop!!! Read the patent papers from z-corop or others:
      > patented is any kind of using inkjet + powder + fluid.
      > That mean, any kind of 3D printer, or printing process, using this
      > components together is patented. Not only the 3D Printer itself, also
      > all produced parts. That means: Any objects are made with those 3D
      > printing methode are also under the same patent rights.
      >
    • Jon Elson
      ... Anybody know when their patent expires? Might not be too far in the future. Jon
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 2, 2008
        raiorz wrote:
        >
        >
        > Stop!!! Read the patent papers from z-corop or others:
        > patented is any kind of using inkjet + powder + fluid.
        > That mean, any kind of 3D printer, or printing process, using this
        > components together is patented. Not only the 3D Printer itself, also
        > all produced parts. That means: Any objects are made with those 3D
        > printing methode are also under the same patent rights.
        >
        Anybody know when their patent expires? Might not be too far in the future.

        Jon
      • Michael Fagan
        Looks like patent 6259962, Filed 1999, Issued 2001
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 2, 2008
          Looks like patent 6259962, Filed 1999, Issued 2001

          On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 9:16 PM, Jon Elson <elson@...> wrote:
          > raiorz wrote:
          >>
          >>
          >> Stop!!! Read the patent papers from z-corop or others:
          >> patented is any kind of using inkjet + powder + fluid.
          >> That mean, any kind of 3D printer, or printing process, using this
          >> components together is patented. Not only the 3D Printer itself, also
          >> all produced parts. That means: Any objects are made with those 3D
          >> printing methode are also under the same patent rights.
          >>
          > Anybody know when their patent expires? Might not be too far in the future.
          >
          > Jon
          >
        • Jon Elson
          ... Ugh! That s quite recent. Is that an all-encompassing patent, or a derivative one that only covers a part of the technology? Jon
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 2, 2008
            Michael Fagan wrote:
            > Looks like patent 6259962, Filed 1999, Issued 2001
            >
            Ugh! That's quite recent. Is that an all-encompassing patent, or a
            derivative one that only covers a part of the technology?

            Jon
          • raiorz
            ... Internet help you to find every patent (If you know the right words). All Z-Corps patets basad on much older patents. Also all the other 3D printer
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 3, 2008
              --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, Jon Elson
              <elson@...> wrote:
              >
              > Michael Fagan wrote:
              > > Looks like patent 6259962, Filed 1999, Issued 2001
              > >
              > Ugh! That's quite recent. Is that an all-encompassing patent, or a
              > derivative one that only covers a part of the technology?
              >
              > Jon
              >
              Internet help you to find every patent (If you know the right words).
              All Z-Corps patets basad on much older patents. Also all the other 3D
              printer systems, from powder ink over powder metal to laser
              sinterering. I say only this: MIT

              Rai
            • Michael Fagan
              I didn t read it thoroughly, but it looked pretty all-encompassing to me. It covered the printer, the powder, the binder, and pretty much everything else.
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 3, 2008
                I didn't read it thoroughly, but it looked pretty all-encompassing to
                me. It covered the printer, the powder, the binder, and pretty much
                everything else.

                On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 12:46 AM, Jon Elson <elson@...> wrote:
                > Michael Fagan wrote:
                >> Looks like patent 6259962, Filed 1999, Issued 2001
                >>
                > Ugh! That's quite recent. Is that an all-encompassing patent, or a
                > derivative one that only covers a part of the technology?
                >
                > Jon
                >
              • hotdroped
                Its a derivative of the one filed in 1989
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 3, 2008
                  Its a derivative of the one filed in 1989

                  --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Michael
                  Fagan" <woodworker88@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > I didn't read it thoroughly, but it looked pretty all-encompassing to
                  > me. It covered the printer, the powder, the binder, and pretty much
                  > everything else.
                  >
                  > On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 12:46 AM, Jon Elson <elson@...> wrote:
                  > > Michael Fagan wrote:
                  > >> Looks like patent 6259962, Filed 1999, Issued 2001
                  > >>
                  > > Ugh! That's quite recent. Is that an all-encompassing patent, or a
                  > > derivative one that only covers a part of the technology?
                  > >
                  > > Jon
                  > >
                  >
                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.