RE: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Re: 3D metal printing !

  • Lance Arvidson
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 2, 2008
      Not a bad idea, its prompted me, i remember seeing a website of an artist that did just that, they 3Dprinted into a mix of powder and powdered brass then heated away the powder leaving a brass matrix, this was then dipped into molten aluminium which capiliaried into the matrix forming a composite.
      the final piece was sanded and polished to show the different metals together.

      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 2, 2008
        Thanks man, it might be good idea.