Send to chip problems

  • lance.arvidson
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2008
      HELP Me Please!!!!

      Im green as they come with programming, i connected the programmer
      which i purchased online, plugged in my chip, in BASCOM-AVR opened up
      avancado3.bas. I went to "Program" "Send to chip" and then
      "Could Not Identify Chip With ID 000000" press ok, then
      "Selected Chip And Target Chip Do Not Match AT90S1200 <> AT90S2313"

      Then it brings up another window where i change the Chip listing to
      the right one save it but when i go back in and try again the same
      problem occurs. Any help?
    • snowmackenzie
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2008
        Hi
        Sounds like you have got the MISI-MISO lines backwards or no power in
        the system. I get this when i put the chips in backward in my
        programmer ;). Have a recheck
        I use atmel 8535's but others could be different

        Snow

        --- In
        diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "lance.arvidson"
        <lance.arvidson@...> wrote:

        > HELP Me Please!!!!
        >
        > Im green as they come with programming, i connected the programmer
        > which i purchased online, plugged in my chip, in BASCOM-AVR opened up
        > avancado3.bas. I went to "Program" "Send to chip" and then
        > "Could Not Identify Chip With ID 000000" press ok, then
        > "Selected Chip And Target Chip Do Not Match AT90S1200 <> AT90S2313"
        >
        > Then it brings up another window where i change the Chip listing to
        > the right one save it but when i go back in and try again the same
        > problem occurs. Any help?

      • Lance Arvidson
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2008
          Snow
          Thanks for the tips, tried flipping the micro around, when i reconnected the power on the programmer the indicator light didnt even come on so i think the problem is elsewhere, im using a "ATMEL ARV PROGRAMMER" looks like it was a DIY K122 kit put together by machine in Hong Kong. Maybe the problem is that the bascom program dosnt have this programmer listed, i cant find it speciffically in the list of programmers so im going thru to test it against all the listed ones.

          Sounds like the MISO-MISI lines are hooked up incorrectly or no power
          in the system. I get this when i put my chips in backwards :)
          Have a bit of a recheck. I use Atmel mega 8535's but others could be

          <lance.arvidson@....> wrote:

          > HELP Me Please!!!!
          >
          > Im green as they come with programming, i connected the programmer
          > which i purchased online, plugged in my chip, in BASCOM-AVR opened
          up
          > avancado3.bas. I went to "Program" "Send to chip" and
          then
          > "Could Not Identify Chip With ID 000000" press ok, then
          > "Selected Chip And Target Chip Do Not Match AT90S1200 <>
          AT90S2313"

          > Then it brings up another window where i change the Chip listing to
          > the right one save it but when i go back in and try again the same
          > problem occurs. Any help?

          Start your day with Yahoo!7 and win a Sony Bravia TV. Enter now.
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2008
            --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, Lance
            Arvidson <lance.arvidson@...> wrote:

            > Snow
            > Thanks for the tips, tried flipping the micro around, when i
            reconnected the power on the programmer the indicator light didnt
            even come on so i think the problem is elsewhere, im using a "ATMEL
            ARV PROGRAMMER" looks like it was a DIY K122 kit put together by
            machine in Hong Kong. Maybe the problem is that the bascom program
            dosnt have this programmer listed, i cant find it speciffically in
            the list of programmers so im going thru to test it against all the
            listed ones.

            now http://au.docs.yahoo.com/homepageset/?p1=other&p2=au&p3=tagline

            You need to compile the code using bascom, then programm using
            bascom.
            Open the code in bascom then compile then programm your chip.
            Also you need to configure bascom for the
            chip,comunication,programmer board,cristal,baund rate, etc... before
            compile and programm.
            If it's a parallel port programmer try using STK200/500 as the
            programmer board setting in Bascom.most of the programmer boards are
            compatible with stk200/500.
          • snowmackenzie
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 1, 2008
              If you get stuck i've made a simple programmer not very hard to do at
              all onlt about 5 components. Can sent you a layout if you would like

              Snow

              --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "afogassa"