Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Re: stick or not

  • Oscar González Regueira
    Message 1 of 73 , May 28, 2011
      Quartz glass may be expensive, but there are borofloat, from schott and others makers, that in thin sheets is not too expensive and is optically compatible with NUV range...

      Is a very stiff material, well know by their mechanical and thermal properties. Is also used in stove ovens as window (so, imagine where you have a bit to test ;-)).

      I still think that a piezoelectric transducer may vibrate the bottom of the tank and thus, separate the model (because that is really the problem, right?)

      Saludos,    OSCAR.

      Message 73 of 73 , Jun 11 1:17 PM
        Yes, I get that. But the professors demo for the students didn't seem to have any trouble with it. Unless that was the reason for the deformations. Wonder how much was shrinkage though and how much was fluid settling, etc.?

        Michael Couch