Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Re: DLP Printer - Part size

  • Jack Coats
    Message 1 of 101 , Apr 4, 2011
      On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 1:53 PM, JES_VFR <jes_vfr@...> wrote:
      > At 03:07 AM 4/4/2011, you wrote:
      >>Hi Michael
      >>Right now is 11X9X14 cm, but I will make it bit larger in the k
      >>Regards,
      >>Junior
      >
      > Seriously Junior, how much larger can you make the building area?
      > What is the size limit, if you don't mind my asking?
      > Is it the resolution of the printer drive or is the physical size of
      > the whole unit?
      >
      > I'm really very interested in this using.
      >
      > JohnS
      > A Dragon Ascending
      > "Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"

      Michael, ... Think about the current DLP monitors and the number of
      pixels that you see
      on them (in one color). Now compare how big you want the pixels to be
      and that should let you know the rough size to be able to expect.

      Junior want s a very fine resolution build area, so the pixels are
      being kept small.

      I am guessing 11cmX9cm is roughly in the same ratio as many monitors
      so it could be
      larger but might loose some resolution.

      Yes, my ideas and dimensions may be off, but I think the concept is right.

      ><> ... Jack
      Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart... Colossians 3:23

    • Paolo Velcich
      Message 101 of 101 , May 13 9:46 PM

        Hello Junior,

        any news from your side ?

        It has been pretty a long time now, since you announced you would release the project and kit, soon.

        Your blog is pretty quiet since one month now.

        I'm almost getting ready to start again getting my hands dirty and I'm now pretty impatient to make it.

        Please keep us informed.

        Any other one going to hare some info on the matter ?

        Thanks

        Paolo