Re: Ha, Ha !

    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 17, 2011
      Here are some of them.
      http://www.faqs.org/patents/asn/10875

      --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, Jack Coats <jack@...> wrote:

      > But the important date is April 1993 when it was issued. That is when
      > the information was made public, and when the timer starts for renewal
      > and expiration if fees are not paid.
      >
      > ><> ... Jack
      > Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart... Colossians 3:23
      >
      > "You don't manage people; you manage things. You lead people."
      > "It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission" — Grace
      > Hopper, US Navy Admiral
      >
      > fax: 630-214-5954  g-voice: 615-746-7104 to leave a message
      >

      > On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 8:57 PM, jocewang.tw <jocewang.tw@...> wrote:
      > > 5204055 from mit filed 1989
      > > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "JackC" <jack@> wrote:
      > >>
      > >> Any idea what the patent number is?
      > >>
      > >> It is pretty easy to look up on the uspto.gov web site.
      > >> I did get a list of all the patents that are currently assigned to Z CORPORATION, but haven't looked a them.
      > >>
      > >> Most of them are fairly new so they still have a number of years to go if Z CORP wants to go for the full set of extensions.
      > >>
      > >> The first one I saw was issued in Nov. 2007 so they have a long way to go.
      > >>
      > >> There are also at least 14 patents applications pending.
      > >>

      > >> I found this information at the uspto assignments database to Z CORP
      > >> http://assignments.uspto.gov/assignments/q?db=pat&asne=Z%20CORP&page=1

    • Michael Couch
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 18, 2011
        1993+17yrs. = 2010

        Michael

        --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, Jack Coats <jack@...> wrote:

        > But the important date is April 1993 when it was issued. That is when
        > the information was made public, and when the timer starts for renewal
        > and expiration if fees are not paid.
        >
        > ><> ... Jack
        > Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart... Colossians 3:23
        >
        > "You don't manage people; you manage things. You lead people."
        > "It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission" — Grace
        > Hopper, US Navy Admiral
        >
        > fax: 630-214-5954  g-voice: 615-746-7104 to leave a message
        >

        > On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 8:57 PM, jocewang.tw <jocewang.tw@...> wrote:
        > > 5204055 from mit filed 1989
        > > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "JackC" <jack@> wrote:
        > >>
        > >> Any idea what the patent number is?
        > >>
        > >> It is pretty easy to look up on the uspto.gov web site.
        > >> I did get a list of all the patents that are currently assigned to Z CORPORATION, but haven't looked a them.
        > >>
        > >> Most of them are fairly new so they still have a number of years to go if Z CORP wants to go for the full set of extensions.
        > >>
        > >> The first one I saw was issued in Nov. 2007 so they have a long way to go.
        > >>
        > >> There are also at least 14 patents applications pending.
        > >>

        > >> I found this information at the uspto assignments database to Z CORP
        > >> http://assignments.uspto.gov/assignments/q?db=pat&asne=Z%20CORP&page=1

      • Reid
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 30, 2011
          Hey Joice,

          I was behind to read those. I am interesting to build one a self propelled ink jet printer. Did you hack one of old printer? Which printer did you hack? I would like to make one for myself. Please send me some information on it.

          Thanks,
          Reid

          On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 6:15 PM, jocewang.tw <jocewang.tw@yahoo.com.tw> wrote:

          I used to think how to overcome the patent. I have designed a self propelled ink jet printer. It has wheels can stand on a flat plan and moving by itself. The working principle is opposite to the traditional inkjet printer. By the inkjet printer self-propelling and printing, it not only can print on something special such as cloth, glass and box, but also can expand the printing area. If this kind of machine is in the market, diy 3d printing will be very easy. All we need is a building machine which can paving layer of powder. The self propelled printer can sit on the top of the building machine and do the job. Because the building machine and the printer are different machines, only the user put them together, by doing this may over come the patent. I have put the self propelled inkjet printer on the Photos. FYR