Re: Ha, Ha !

  • Michael Couch
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 16, 2011
      Jocewang:

      Do you sell these? How much are they? Can you ship to the U.S.? If so, how much with shipping?

      Michael Couch

      --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "jocewang.tw" <jocewang.tw@...> wrote:

      > I used to think how to overcome the patent. I have designed a self propelled ink jet printer. It has wheels can stand on a flat plan and moving by itself. The working principle is opposite to the traditional inkjet printer. By the inkjet printer self-propelling and printing, it not only can print on something special such as cloth, glass and box, but also can expand the printing area. If this kind of machine is in the market, diy 3d printing will be very easy. All we need is a building machine which can paving layer of powder. The self propelled printer can sit on the top of the building machine and do the job. Because the building machine and the printer are different machines, only the user put them together, by doing this may over come the patent. I have put the self propelled inkjet printer on the Photos. FYR

    • jocewang.tw
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 16, 2011
        sorry, only one handmade prototype. I am not working for a company making printers. Don't know will any printer develop team see this idea and make this printer.
        --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Couch" <cmichaelcouch@...> wrote:

        > Jocewang:
        >
        > Do you sell these? How much are they? Can you ship to the U.S.? If so, how much with shipping?
        >
        > Michael Couch
        >
        > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "jocewang.tw" <jocewang.tw@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I used to think how to overcome the patent. I have designed a self propelled ink jet printer. It has wheels can stand on a flat plan and moving by itself. The working principle is opposite to the traditional inkjet printer. By the inkjet printer self-propelling and printing, it not only can print on something special such as cloth, glass and box, but also can expand the printing area. If this kind of machine is in the market, diy 3d printing will be very easy. All we need is a building machine which can paving layer of powder. The self propelled printer can sit on the top of the building machine and do the job. Because the building machine and the printer are different machines, only the user put them together, by doing this may over come the patent. I have put the self propelled inkjet printer on the Photos. FYR

      • JackC
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 16, 2011
          Any idea what the patent number is?

          It is pretty easy to look up on the uspto.gov web site.
          I did get a list of all the patents that are currently assigned to Z CORPORATION, but haven't looked a them.

          Most of them are fairly new so they still have a number of years to go if Z CORP wants to go for the full set of extensions.

          The first one I saw was issued in Nov. 2007 so they have a long way to go.

          There are also at least 14 patents applications pending.

          I found this information at the uspto assignments database to Z CORP
          http://assignments.uspto.gov/assignments/q?db=pat&asne=Z%20CORP&page=1

          --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "afogassa" <afogassa@...> wrote:

          > I can see some of you have being really busy on the background. Anyone has done some research on when Zcorp patent expires?
          > I think piezo heads should last a lot longer then buble jet type.

        • jocewang.tw
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 16, 2011
            The original patent is from MIT. ZCorp transform the technology to build zcorp machine.

            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 16, 2011
              5204055 from mit filed 1989
              --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "JackC" <jack@...> wrote:

              > Any idea what the patent number is?
              >
              > It is pretty easy to look up on the uspto.gov web site.
              > I did get a list of all the patents that are currently assigned to Z CORPORATION, but haven't looked a them.
              >
              > Most of them are fairly new so they still have a number of years to go if Z CORP wants to go for the full set of extensions.
              >
              > The first one I saw was issued in Nov. 2007 so they have a long way to go.
              >
              > There are also at least 14 patents applications pending.
              >

              > I found this information at the uspto assignments database to Z CORP
              > http://assignments.uspto.gov/assignments/q?db=pat&asne=Z%20CORP&page=1
              >
              > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "afogassa" <afogassa@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I can see some of you have being really busy on the background. Anyone has done some research on when Zcorp patent expires?
              > > I think piezo heads should last a lot longer then buble jet type.

            • Jack Coats
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 16, 2011
                But the important date is April 1993 when it was issued. That is when
                the information was made public, and when the timer starts for renewal
                and expiration if fees are not paid.

                ><> ... Jack
                Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart... Colossians 3:23

                "You don't manage people; you manage things. You lead people."
                "It’s easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission" — Grace
                Hopper, US Navy Admiral

                fax: 630-214-5954  g-voice: 615-746-7104 to leave a message

                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 17, 2011
                  Here are some of them.
                  http://www.faqs.org/patents/asn/10875

                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 18, 2011
                    1993+17yrs. = 2010

                    Michael

                    --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, Jack Coats <jack@...> wrote:

                    > But the important date is April 1993 when it was issued. That is when
                    > the information was made public, and when the timer starts for renewal
                    > and expiration if fees are not paid.
                    >
                    > ><> ... Jack
                    > Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart... Colossians 3:23
                    >
                    > "You don't manage people; you manage things. You lead people."
                    > "It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission" — Grace
                    > Hopper, US Navy Admiral
                    >
                    > fax: 630-214-5954  g-voice: 615-746-7104 to leave a message
                    >

                    > On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 8:57 PM, jocewang.tw <jocewang.tw@...> wrote:
                    > > 5204055 from mit filed 1989
                    > > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "JackC" <jack@> wrote:
                    > >>
                    > >> Any idea what the patent number is?
                    > >>
                    > >> It is pretty easy to look up on the uspto.gov web site.
                    > >> I did get a list of all the patents that are currently assigned to Z CORPORATION, but haven't looked a them.
                    > >>
                    > >> Most of them are fairly new so they still have a number of years to go if Z CORP wants to go for the full set of extensions.
                    > >>
                    > >> The first one I saw was issued in Nov. 2007 so they have a long way to go.
                    > >>
                    > >> There are also at least 14 patents applications pending.
                    > >>

                    > >> I found this information at the uspto assignments database to Z CORP
                    > >> http://assignments.uspto.gov/assignments/q?db=pat&asne=Z%20CORP&page=1

                  • Reid
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 30, 2011
                      Hey Joice,

                      I was behind to read those. I am interesting to build one a self propelled ink jet printer. Did you hack one of old printer? Which printer did you hack? I would like to make one for myself. Please send me some information on it.

                      Thanks,
                      Reid