Re: DLP Printer

    Message 1 of 43 , Mar 15, 2011
      Hi Junior,
      How much does the resin costs?, and how much resin is used to print or flash the "viadinho :-)" I see in the pictures and what is it´s size?
      What is the maximum size that can be printed?
      Resin costs is what is keeping me away from it.I had a projector for a while to do a mod for a customer but it went back fast so i didn´t had enough time to mess with it.
      Do you think we can print a A4 size part?

      --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "josecarlos_junior" <josecarlos_junior@...> wrote:

      > Hi Guys,
      >
      > Sorry for taking so long to post any news about the printer... I habe been quite busy...
      >
      > I manage to solve all issues and now the printer is extremely professional. You can print in high resolution 10-100 microns... take look in some pictures I uploaded in the Photos (DLP Printer album).
      >
      > I managed to change the printer and make something bit different from Envisiontec. I am planning to do a funding to continue the project and create kind of DIY Printer kit on Kickstarter... not sure if this gonna work but very exited about the current results.
      >
      > I will update my blog next week with some more info.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Junior

    • Boman33
      Message 43 of 43 , Apr 7, 2011

        Jon,

        I cannot answer for Junior’s process but I have ordered several large and intricate pieces made with a similar process.  They were about 250 x 160 x 12mm and looking very closely like a honey-comb. The wall thickness was only 0.4mm.  They were very strong, easy to machine and very accurate.  I was very impressed with the process and performance.

        Pieces made with the power-inkjet process were delicate and could not be used because of lack of sufficient resolution.

        Bertho

        From: Jon Elson  Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2011 00:14

        Junior, can you comment on the strength of the object built with your
        system?
        I have some people who may have seen a similar process and commented
        that the parts are fragile. From your previous work where the parts needed to be
        broken free of the build tray with a lot of force, I am thinking these parts are
        actually pretty strong.
        Thanks,