Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] 3d Printer using epson Print head - LIFE SPAM

  • Rogerio Wieck
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 15, 2011
      Luis

      I will start to building a 3d printer now and my problem is a slider
      software able to send data directly to printer layer by layer, we are
      planing to use a piezo system by Xaar, the mechanical and eletronics parts
      is no problem for me. Where are you from? Can I send a e-mail directly for
      you for change some information about this?

      Thank you

      Rogerio Wieck
      Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 15, 2011
        You mean something like this:

        http://open3dp.me.washington.edu/2011/03/a-new-species-is-born-adderfab/

        After many attempts to get a robust system, we went to driving the printhead
        directly. More details forthcoming. .....M
      • luis hernandez
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 15, 2011

          Hi Rogerio,
          I am in the USA and looks like we are in the same situation. You are now looking for a slider software and I am about to start working on the mechanical parts and electronics. I wish you would be here in my town to work together. Building a machine like this takes several heads. Do you want a printer for your personal use or have plans to do something big or business purpose?. The reason I started working on the software first was because I knew once it was completed the rest would be lilte bit easier.  However, there is a long way still.. My email is luisguillermo98@...

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 15, 2011
            Quite interesting.

            Looks like an HP TIJ 1.5 C6602R to me.  This has 12 nozzles, 96dpi.

            I pitched this idea a while ago as driving these inkjets is pretty trivial but no one wanted to do it with simple direct drivers (same as hp 51604a but different body): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYZYvhQ07Tk

            Glad someone finally went after it.  We have unlimited supply of these OEM print head holders if you need them.

            We have better HP45 direct drive technology with 600 nozzles that would be a lot better resolution/speed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d13WRJaKWF8

            Electronics are much more complicated on the HP45 however.

            On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 1:09 PM, m. ganter <mark.ganter@...> wrote:

            You mean something like this:

            http://open3dp.me.washington.edu/2011/03/a-new-species-is-born-adderfab/

            After many attempts to get a robust system, we went to driving the printhead
            directly. More details forthcoming. .....M

          • jocewang.tw
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 15, 2011
              even use only water will cause problem in nozzle. 1. the powder will rise and stick on the nozzle and block it. 2. if it is cannon or hp nozzle, the principle to eject the ink is heat, and after long time heat up and cold down, the nozzle will not able to perform as what it was. Because of the above issue, I think cheap nozzle is more important than least longer.