Hello Printer people

  • Abt
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 29, 2010
      Hi to all,

      Still sorry for my broken english. I still can not understand all full posts.
      Congratulations for the working printer Junior.
      At the moment i am involved in a CNC projekt and i hope it is finished this weekend.
      I just have a question if it is possible to build a normed 3D printer? That all of us can rebuild the printer with the same parts?
      In China i have found some nice companys. For a ballscrew and nuts, lathed both ensds 100cm i have payed 37Dollars. Linear bearings are cheep to.Some CNC stepper Motors you can find verry cheap in ebay. The 5 axis breakoutboard to.

      I am verry interested on your opinions.

      Kindly regards to all of you

      John
    • raiorz
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 30, 2010
        I am also involved in a CNC projekt... ...37Dollars for a 100cm, both side lathed ballscrew incl. ballnut is realy good. Do you know if they selling and deliver to europe? Can you post the WEB link?
        Thanks,
        Rai

        --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Abt" <flightmaxone@...> wrote:

        > Hi to all,
        >
        > Still sorry for my broken english. I still can not understand all full posts.
        > Congratulations for the working printer Junior.
        > At the moment i am involved in a CNC projekt and i hope it is finished this weekend.
        > I just have a question if it is possible to build a normed 3D printer? That all of us can rebuild the printer with the same parts?
        > In China i have found some nice companys. For a ballscrew and nuts, lathed both ensds 100cm i have payed 37Dollars. Linear bearings are cheep to.Some CNC stepper Motors you can find verry cheap in ebay. The 5 axis breakoutboard to.
        >
        > I am verry interested on your opinions.
        >
        > Kindly regards to all of you
        >
        > John

      • Michael Couch
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 30, 2010
          Junior:

          What do you think you have invested so far in your 3D Printer? Could you build them for other people? How much would you or could you build one for?

          Michael Couch
        • wil wil
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 30, 2010

          • josecarlos_junior
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 31, 2010
              Hi Michael,

              Not sure about the exact figures, but I believe I spent over 2.800 USD. Right now I am trying to identify some part vendors that could help me to reduce the price.

              I am also studying a way to reproduce the printer... I will probably bring some news soon.

              Regards,

              Junior

              --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Couch" <cmichaelcouch@...> wrote:

              > Junior:
              >
              > What do you think you have invested so far in your 3D Printer? Could you build them for other people? How much would you or could you build one for?
              >
              > Michael Couch

            • Michael Couch
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 1, 2010
                Junior:

                Thanks for the reply on the costs. Any chance you will be manufacuting these things soon?

                Michael Couch

                --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "josecarlos_junior" <josecarlos_junior@...> wrote:

                > Hi Michael,
                >
                > Not sure about the exact figures, but I believe I spent over 2.800 USD. Right now I am trying to identify some part vendors that could help me to reduce the price.
                >
                > I am also studying a way to reproduce the printer... I will probably bring some news soon.
                >
                > Regards,
                >
                > Junior
                >
                > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Couch" <cmichaelcouch@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Junior:
                > >
                > > What do you think you have invested so far in your 3D Printer? Could you build them for other people? How much would you or could you build one for?
                > >
                > > Michael Couch

              • josecarlos_junior
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 2, 2010
                  Hi Michael,

                  Yes, I am working on this right now. I expect very low cost.

                  Regards,

                  Junior

                  --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Couch" <cmichaelcouch@...> wrote:

                  > Junior:
                  >
                  > Thanks for the reply on the costs. Any chance you will be manufacuting these things soon?
                  >
                  > Michael Couch
                  >
                  > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "josecarlos_junior" <josecarlos_junior@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi Michael,
                  > >
                  > > Not sure about the exact figures, but I believe I spent over 2.800 USD. Right now I am trying to identify some part vendors that could help me to reduce the price.
                  > >
                  > > I am also studying a way to reproduce the printer... I will probably bring some news soon.
                  > >
                  > > Regards,
                  > >
                  > > Junior
                  > >
                  > > --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Couch" <cmichaelcouch@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Junior:
                  > > >
                  > > > What do you think you have invested so far in your 3D Printer? Could you build them for other people? How much would you or could you build one for?
                  > > >
                  > > > Michael Couch

                • Michael Couch
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 3, 2010
                    Junior: