Teflon glass will be in the mail to Junior by Friday

  • vrsculptor@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 18, 2010
      The process of getting the borosilicate glass and having it coated took a whole lot longer than I would have liked but everything is finally done. I've sent Junior a private email to get mailing information for him.

      If the teflon glass works and others want to use it we are going to have to set up a group buy of some sort. There is a minimum charge of $300 which should be sufficient to cover quite a few machines. There are size limitations on what can be coated.

      I hope this works. I really need one of these machines.

      Roger
    • Ian
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2010
        I have had some sticking problems with things before... if the teflon fails... a fluorosilacate coating might provide a better surface. In my experience with ferrofluids, wich are iron, kerosene and an emulsifier to make em really stick to things, fluorosilacates were the only thing they didn't stain.

        --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, vrsculptor@... wrote:

        > The process of getting the borosilicate glass and having it coated took a whole lot longer than I would have liked but everything is finally done. I've sent Junior a private email to get mailing information for him.
        >
        > If the teflon glass works and others want to use it we are going to have to set up a group buy of some sort. There is a minimum charge of $300 which should be sufficient to cover quite a few machines. There are size limitations on what can be coated.
        >
        > I hope this works. I really need one of these machines.
        >
        > Roger

      • bgriggstwcny
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 7 5:49 AM
          Has anyone tried Frog Spit instead of Teflon to coat the glass? I have no experience with the material but it sounds interesting.

          http://www.chemical-supermarket.com/Frog-Spit-Quart-p622.html

          Bill