Head technology

  • BerthoBoman33
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 16, 2008

      There have been several discussions on which printer to use and pros and cons on the availability of heads but little comments on the pros & cons of the basic technologies:

      Epson's piezo based vs. HP thermal.

      Since our goal is to be able to experiment with different inks and chemicals I wonder if there might be limitations on using the thermal heads since the heat might interact with the chemicals being dispensed.

      Any experience and comments?

      Bertho

    • Russell Shaw
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 16, 2008
        BerthoBoman33 wrote:
        > There have been several discussions on which printer to use and pros and
        > cons on the availability of heads but little comments on the pros & cons
        > of the basic technologies:
        >
        > Epson's piezo based vs. HP thermal.
        >
        > Since our goal is to be able to experiment with different inks and
        > chemicals I wonder if there might be limitations on using the thermal
        > heads since the heat might interact with the chemicals being dispensed.
        >
        > Any experience and comments?

        I always hated HP heads because thermal things get hot and cause more
        clogs from dried ink i found, but i haven't tried more recent HP ones.

        I still like non-heating methods better like Epson.