FYI... HP 1200c

  • vrsculptor@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2010
      Strictly just for information the old HP 1200C wide carriage inkjet doesn't use a code wheel and servo on the paper feed. It uses a 6 wire stepper. Other than that and it doesn't have a sensor on the head it is pretty much like the later HP 960C's.

      The stepper is huge and could easily drive the carriage as a flat bed printer. It could do a build up to 13 inches wide and uses the highly desirable HP 45 cartridges.

      I disassembled a dead printer so have no plans to go any further with this information but I hope someone else might find this useful.

      Roger
    • gsi11135
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4, 2010
        Thanks Roger. Any information on the design and build of the printers in general I find useful.