Re: Zcorp expansion rate

  • vrsculptor@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 21, 2009
      Fogassa,
      I wonder if the expansion that you are seeing on the edge of the part is actually related to the dental plaster or if it is caused by excess moisture bleeding into the surrounding media. I would think that if it was the dental plaster was expanding the expansion would be uniform and you could handle it with scaling. If it is to do with excess moisture maybe you could try printing with a gray scale instead of black. Maybe grey scale would make the head last longer and you could post process by spraying with water.

      I'm not sure that this isn't a problem with real Z-Corp printers. Some of the parts that I have sent off to be printed have come back larger than I would have expected such that a shaft several thousandths smaller than the bearing don't fit together after printing. I don't know if this was just sloppy work by the printer or had something to do with the way they infiltrated the part.

      Don't know... just speculation. Still working on my HP 8000 but not getting much done with holidays and family.

      Roger

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 21, 2009
        I'll look into that, not much time to play with it.

        --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, vrsculptor@... wrote:

        > Fogassa,
        > I wonder if the expansion that you are seeing on the edge of the part is actually related to the dental plaster or if it is caused by excess moisture bleeding into the surrounding media. I would think that if it was the dental plaster was expanding the expansion would be uniform and you could handle it with scaling. If it is to do with excess moisture maybe you could try printing with a gray scale instead of black. Maybe grey scale would make the head last longer and you could post process by spraying with water.
        >
        > I'm not sure that this isn't a problem with real Z-Corp printers. Some of the parts that I have sent off to be printed have come back larger than I would have expected such that a shaft several thousandths smaller than the bearing don't fit together after printing. I don't know if this was just sloppy work by the printer or had something to do with the way they infiltrated the part.
        >
        > Don't know... just speculation. Still working on my HP 8000 but not getting much done with holidays and family.
        >
        > Roger
        >
        > > I've printed some parts to check for accuracy(look at my blog)To find out that parts are 0.5mm bigger then it should be. I think it's becouse the dental plaster expansion rate of 0.08%.No, scaling the parts down won't help becouse it's more like a 0.5mm shell all around the parts.
        > > I'm interested to know how much does the parts printed on zcorp grows from the 3d drawing?

      • Micro Cuantum
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 25, 2009
          only work with almost transparent grayscale

          I wonder if the expansion that you are seeing on the edge of the part is actually related to the dental plaster or if it is caused by excess moisture bleeding into the surrounding media. I would think that if it was the dental plaster was expanding the expansion would be uniform and you could handle it with scaling. If it is to do with excess moisture maybe you could try printing with a gray scale instead of black. Maybe grey scale would make the head last longer and you could post process by spraying with water.

          I'm not sure that this isn't a problem with real Z-Corp printers. Some of the parts that I have sent off to be printed have come back larger than I would have expected such that a shaft several thousandths smaller than the bearing don't fit together after printing. I don't know if this was just sloppy work by the printer or had something to do with the way they infiltrated the part.

          Don't know... just speculation. Still working on my HP 8000 but not getting much done with holidays and family.

          Roger

          > I've printed some parts to check for accuracy(look at my blog)To find out that parts are 0.5mm bigger then it should be. I think it's becouse the dental plaster expansion rate of 0.08%.No, scaling the parts down won't help becouse it's more like a 0.5mm shell all around the parts.
          > I'm interested to know how much does the parts printed on zcorp grows from the 3d drawing?

          ¡Obtén la mejor experiencia en la web!
          Descarga gratis el nuevo Internet Explorer 8
          http://downloads.yahoo.com/ieak8/?l=e1
        • Micro Cuantum
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 28, 2009
            coloring the pieces of your project 3D color scales with 70% transparency in 3D drawing

            -----use colores claros translucidos
            coloree las piezas de su proyecto 3D en escalas de colores con transparencia de un 70% en su dibujo 3D ----------------------------

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 29, 2009
              --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, Micro Cuantum <microcuantum@...> wrote:

              > coloring the pieces of your project 3D color scales with 70% transparency in 3D drawing
              >
              > -----use colores claros translucidos coloree las piezas de su proyecto 3D en escalas de colores con transparencia de un 70% en su dibujo 3D ----------------------------

              Try to use semisintetic dental plaster, it needs low water and also capillarity is reduced. If you want I send you a sample
              Fabio
            • vrsculptor@hotmail.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 29, 2009
                Fabio,
                Could you please provide a brand name for the dental plaster?

                Roger

                > Try to use semisintetic dental plaster, it needs low water and also capillarity is reduced. If you want I send you a sample
                > Fabio

              • fabioprimaio
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 30, 2009
                  --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, vrsculptor@... wrote:

                  > Fabio,
                  > Could you please provide a brand name for the dental plaster?
                  >
                  > Roger
                  >
                  > > Try to use semisintetic dental plaster, it needs low water and also capillarity is reduced. If you want I send you a sample
                  > > Fabio

                  Roger,
                  product name is Resin Gyps made by http://www.zingardi.com/catalogo/index.htm.

                  Fabio