Polyethylene glicol

  • fabioprimaio
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2009
      Hi,
      I have quite experience in industrial inkjet design, you can see my first wide inkjet head in Ciabo photo,I suggest you to use polyethylene glycol in place of vodka,isopropyl or other spirit with deionized water in amount of 5-20%(variable if you use piezo or thermal head and from molecular weight of PEG)

      PEG prevent nozzle clogging,reduce drop dry fly, improve wet angle conctat.

      Also I suggest to use semisintetic gypsum,it need only 1/3 of water ,show more strength and fine details without PVA.

      Some ZCorp patents are no granted and many of those are invalid in Europe and therefore in many country with the same patent law court system like China and so on.

      Some people use Arduino www.arduino.cc, is cheap and easy to fit, unfortunately I'm not able to program it. Could be a good plateform to 3DP?

      I hope this interesting to the project,

      ciao Fabio
    • vrsculptor@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2009
        Fabio,
        There are a lot on industrial uses of synthetic gypson on the web and it looks promising. Reduced water usage would be a good thing.

        The only commercial by the pound product that I was able to locate was a floor under-lament which probably isn't suitable. Do you have any specific products in mind?

        I've used PEG in wood working but never thought of using it as a binder.

        Roger
      • fabioprimaio
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2009
          --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, vrsculptor@... wrote:

          > Fabio,
          > There are a lot on industrial uses of synthetic gypson on the web and it looks promising. Reduced water usage would be a good thing.
          >
          > The only commercial by the pound product that I was able to locate was a floor under-lament which probably isn't suitable. Do you have any specific products in mind?
          >
          > I've used PEG in wood working but never thought of using it as a binder.
          >
          > Roger

          PEG is not a binder, improve reliable and wet print quality in conjunction with semi sintetic gypsum. Best is expensive and made in Japan, but I don't remember commercial name. However there are Italian and German Company that sell cost/effective materials
          20 ml to 100gr with final compression strength 50 Mpa. ciao Fabio