9436Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Does anyone make parts for profit?

  • wenshidi@yahoo.co.uk
    Jun 16, 2014
      Unfortunately his website says "The store is closed for maintenance."
      Any other suggestions on interesting alternatives to Shapeways?  Especially those outside of the US?

      On Monday, June 16, 2014 5:34 AM, "Drew dr00bert@... [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication]" <diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Nate at TechPaladin does good work and was very reasonable.  It seems the site, http://techpaladin.com/, has changed a bit from the last time I visited, but you should be able to contact him and ask him to price it out.  Of course there is always Shapeways too.

      Drew

      On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 4:57 PM, rwwink@... [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] <diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I'm interested in having 2 parts printed with a 3D-Printer using a heated filament.  These are prototypes and I can provide STL or most any othr type of files for both parts.  They need to be made from ABS.
      Reasons before someone gets cranky…after I get the device design settle, I will be buying a printer for this project and I want to use it for several other ideas I have.  I might buy a CNC router at some point for this but I want to see if plastic will work.
      The first part is the bottom of a box – 6 inch x 2 ½ inch x about 1 inch tall with 1/8 inch walls.  It has an ear on either end that’s about 1 inch wide  and 1/8 thick. The second part is the lid.  It’s ¼ inch thick with a 1/8 inch flat sealing surface all around.
      If someone is interested in making a one-off set of parts, please contact me:
      R. Wink

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic