9316Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Need help to diagnose print

  • Kobus du Toit
    Apr 5, 2014
      My projection size is 160mm x 90mm, 217mm away from the resin with an HD projector.  I believe that sets it at around 83 micron X/Y resolution

      When I printed the 30mm x 30mm cube I set the layer height to 30 micron.  It was sliced into 1000 layers at 30 micron each.  The end result of the cube was between 30.10mm and 29.6mm, depending on how I was holding the caliper.  I was probably pressing too hard on the uncured object.  I think my layers are very close to 30 micron at the moment

      I hope that is an accurate test with what I have available to test with

      On Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Ben Mahony <ben.mahony@...> wrote:

      Hopefully someone else responds who has used funtodo resin and can give feed back on the exposure time but of course it is dopant on what size you are focusing the projector to? How did you workout your layer thickness? it is dependent on how far the light permeates the resin, should not be set arbitrarily.  You need to expose a single layer and measure the thickness that is cured. Though you will need a micrometer, or to confirm that your set layer size is not to large, make it smaller, will not hurt to over lap layers at this point,  you just do not want the opposite.

      Ben M

      On 6 Apr 2014 08:45, "Kobus du Toit" <kobusdtoit@...> wrote:

      Here are the photos

      I am using FunToDo red resin

      I am printing at 30 micron layers and if I display a layer less than 1.85 seconds nothing is created.
      I will remove the wiper and have a look, will reduce the variables
      I am trying a 30 second delay after flooding the build plate, I flood 4mm.  Now that I am removing the wiper I will delay 60 seconds after a flood to make sure everything is level

      On Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 2:08 AM, Ben Mahony <ben.mahony@...> wrote:

      Yeah, I was just blindly commenting, I don't see the images in these email chains. OP brought up bright spot, but I agree it's fine tuning thing,  worry about it last!
      illiminate variables, add a big delay between layers to remove fluid leveling issues and don't use the wiper yet, take it out of the equation.  I have not seen the photos but I assume OP is using pigmented resin?  Bleedout can be reduced by thinner layers and shorter exposer times.
      Just my two cents.
      Ben M

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic