      From: diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com [mailto:diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Graham Stabler
      Sent: Tuesday, December 24, 2013 11:51
      To: diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Desktop 3D printer claims speed record

      Yes it is possible.

      Personally thought the lack of technical detail puts me off, I'd like to know how they are doing the release from the vat bottom.

      Graham

      On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 9:35 AM, Fortino Tan <jolly_craft@...> wrote:

      Is it possible to do this, Solidify resin with visible light within 10 secs?

      any over claim from manufacture?

      Fortino

      Pada Selasa, 24 Desember 2013 13:22, "wenshidi@..." <wenshidi@...> menulis:

      A start-up in Florida  has developed a 3D desktop printer which it claims has one of the highest 3D printing-speeds available.

      The company tangible engineering USA has developed the 3D printer called Solidator to use stereolithography and projector DLP-technology to turn liquid plastic (similar to nail polish) into a solid 3D object with just visible light.

      Tangible engineering USA

      Tangible engineering USA 3D printer

      The 3D object is created layer by layer upside down. Solidator is capable of creating a single layer of an object at a 100 micron resolution in just 10 seconds independent of object shape or number of objects placed on the build platform.

      “This way Solidator can create six Eiffel Towers at 20 cm height (7.9-inch) in only 5.5 hours,” said the company.

      “The patent-pending design using DLP stereolithography technology provides high resolution on a large print bed and allows you to create 3D objects in a fraction of the time – right on your desk.”, said Tim Fischer, president & CEO of tangible engineering USA.

      The company is launching the product today on Kickstarter.com.

      The printer features a 280x210x200 mm build volume. The resolution achievable allows it to create 3D Voxels with a size of 0.27 mm by 0.27 mm with a 0.1 mm layer height.

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic