Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

9001RE: RE: Re: Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] RE: Highest DIY XY resolution ?

Expand Messages
  • pjotr_du_mat
    Nov 16, 2013

      Hummm, year. Foil perhaps (like there is in http://www.almteq.com ) ?  But if filled with ceramics, foil gets hurt pretty fast, resulting in extra scattering of laser.

      ---In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, <boman33@...> wrote:

      When rocking, the displaced resin on one side has to flow around the contact line to fill in the missing resin on the other side or space must be provided so it can rise up on the compressed side.


      How is the rocking mechanism envisioned to be accurate and repeatable?  It is easy to think about a flat plate rocking on a curved surface but how will that be achieved with a motor system to accurately move it without stress and slippage?


      As the plate is translating sidewards it has to have a matching tilt mechanism.  That does not sound simple to me.



      From: rm@...  Sent: Sunday, November 10, 2013 07:58

      'Rocking' , that's the word I was looking for. Tnx, Hydrolic pressure is an issue, especially if the printer should be precise AND fast (fab in stead of lab)

      Yes, you probably did. I do favor the straight line scan.

      OK, I'll contact some people to see what the f-thata for 405 nm today costs.

      Tnx, Pjotr

      ---In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, <grezmos@...> wrote:

      Well if you use a thick resin you must design for it but be wary that rocking could cause some hydraulic pressure on thin walls. 


      As I think I already said. If you want to roll the vat bottom then you must have a scanner that projects on to a straight line. You cannot use the circle scanner idea because the contact point is a circle and you can't rock something to maintain a circular contact with a flat plane.


      So if you want to use filled resins, spend the money on the optics and build a standard polygon scanner.





      On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 12:16 PM, <rm@...> wrote:

       I still wonder if moving the vat in XY relative to the workpiece is such a cool idea, especially if walls are thin and the viscosity is high (think of photo polymers filled with metal or ceramic particles).Why not slowly rolling the workpiece over a bulged VAT bottom, in which the workpiece touches the bottom where new material is being written ?


    • Show all 87 messages in this topic