8999RE: Re: Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] RE: Highest DIY XY resolution ?

  • pjotr_du_mat
    Nov 10, 2013

      'Rocking' , that's the word I was looking for. Tnx, Hydrolic pressure is an issue, especially if the printer should be precise AND fast (fab in stead of lab)

      Yes, you probably did. I do favor the straight line scan.

      OK, I'll contact some people to see what the f-thata for 405 nm today costs.

      Tnx, Pjotr

      ---In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, <grezmos@...> wrote:

      Well if you use a thick resin you must design for it but be wary that rocking could cause some hydraulic pressure on thin walls.

      As I think I already said. If you want to roll the vat bottom then you must have a scanner that projects on to a straight line. You cannot use the circle scanner idea because the contact point is a circle and you can't rock something to maintain a circular contact with a flat plane.

      So if you want to use filled resins, spend the money on the optics and build a standard polygon scanner.

      Graham

      On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 12:16 PM, <rm@...> wrote:
       I still wonder if moving the vat in XY relative to the workpiece is such a cool idea, especially if walls are thin and the viscosity is high (think of photo polymers filled with metal or ceramic particles).Why not slowly rolling the workpiece over a bulged VAT bottom, in which the workpiece touches the bottom where new material is being written ?

    • Show all 87 messages in this topic