8969Re: Re: RE: RE: Re: Re: RE: Re: Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] RE: RE: RE: RE: Highest DIY XY resolution ?

    Oct 15, 2013

      You asked if the Envisiontec uses the same technology as a laser printer (HP is only one brand) not if it was possible. It may be identical it may not, it scans a beam that is all I really know.

      As has been stated over and over we looked at this last year, yes it can work. BUT you may need a different f-theta lens suited to the wavelength and it is a special kind of lens. For smaller areas the lens may not be needed.

      I have no idea what you are talking about when you refer to foil.

      Graham

      On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 7:38 PM, <rm@...> wrote:

       Why NOT ?  I mean, I never knew how these printers print. Now I know and I think it makes sense to put a unit like that under a window and move it from one side to another. It provides you with great resolution as well as size. And using old HPs for it can be that expensive, can it ?  (and use foil to get the print from the screen layer after layer)

      ---In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, <diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 7:24 PM, <rm@...> wrote:

      Something like that maybe