8664Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Re: Success!

  • Fernando Muñiz
    May 3, 2013
      Well, a grey resin is easily possible. Maybe I should offer it as a standard product in the shop?
      At least the Form1 users would like to find a similar color available in my product range, so I have been requested.

      On 05/02/2013 08:34 PM, John wrote:

      Thanks, I'm sure the red and yellow pigments work better, but I wanted a more neutral color so I tried mixing a grey. The yellowish color of the resin gave it a slightly greenish tint that is not unpleasant.

      I'm using Sylgard for my vat. It was working great until I had a print separate from the platform and the resulting blob on the vat floor dammaged it. Now I have a rough patch that the resin doesn't release from as nicely. It also diffuses the image so I get some muddy details. If you look at the face of my figure print you can see what I mean. The hands and feet came out very detailed but the head is very soft on detail. I checked and it printed right over the bad spot. For now I'll move my prints to a different part of the vat but I definitly need to make annother vat floor.

      --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "loquin.guillaume" <loquin.guillaume@...> wrote:

      > congratulation ! another working dlp printer :)
      >
      > i like the color of your resin, i would love to have a primixed greyish resin from spotA like the Form1 resin. Fernando?:D
      >
      > what are you using for the vat coating?
      >
      > Guillaume.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic