8490Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Re: chemical properties of cured resin?

    Apr 4, 2013
      Firstly I am not trying to discredit anyone just present some facts which I thought were pertinent to anyone who might be considering doing business with them. Perhaps ignorance is bliss?

      Nobody has any problem with cottage industry or mom and pop organisations, I would and have happily bought things out of peoples basements and bedrooms. However this company is clearly representing itself as something it is not (forget the website, it is not even registered as a company) and it appears to be using dubious marketing techniques to do so.

      Personally I like to know who I am doing business with so if something goes wrong I know where to go, especially when it comes to chemicals, I offered it here as information only.

      Graham

      On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Ricardo <cardin1@...> wrote:

      Have you tried any of their resins ? Are they any good ? Did they run with your money ? Now, that would be good to know. I don't care if they are using stock images on their website or a UPS address.
      I mean, it's not as if we, hobbyists and experimenters, have many companies competing for our business. Why try to discredit one of the very few ?

      --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, Graham Stabler <grezmos@...> wrote:

      > I received an email anonymously on this subject, I offer bare facts from it
      > here as I feel it is right to do so.
      >
      > *The first reference ANYWHERE of bucktown polymers was when A2sheds created
      > the lemon curry fork. Its website wasn't even active when it was first
      > posted.
      > In the time since A2sheds has not demonstrated a lemon curry printer...has
      > not added any original content to its fork.
      >
      > their address is a UPS store http://www.theupsstorelocal.com/3173/
      > NO record with the Illinois SOS for bucktown polymers,
      > http://www.ilsos.gov/corporatellc/CorporateLlcController
      > shares the phone number of an equally nonverifiable O.n.e technology/labs
      > which has only ever been associated with the ups store above and a storage
      > facility in michigan.
      >
      > A template website filled with stock images...
      > http://www.dreamtemplate.com/templates/6006/6106.html
      > http://depositphotos.com/1928720/stock-photo-Glass-Building-in-Blue.html
      > http://tinyurl.com/cu5xruf
      > http://tinyurl.com/bvu9ctt
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Graham
      >

      > On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 9:44 AM, Graham Stabler <grezmos@...> wrote:
      >
      > > The address showed properly.
      > >
      > > I don't understand why don't they answer the phone.
      > >
      > > Graham

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic