8467Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Re: chemical properties of cured resin?

  • Robert Cervellione
    Apr 2, 2013
      has anyone contacted buck town, i call the number on the website and it just asks for an extension. i am very interested in high speed fast cure strong resins and can deal with 'smell'.  i wanted to contact some there to get some resin fro them so if anyone has a better number or name let me know.

      -robert

      On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 1:33 PM, arthur2shedsj <arthur2shedsj@...> wrote:

      Try contacting http://bucktownpolymers.com

      If you work in a Chem lab you should have no problem working with the resins they used to offer the DIY crowd that are tougher than ABS. You have to be careful using the -V420 resins in printers like the B9 or Form1 since they cure so fast they can easily melt their vat materials. DIYers would complain about the odor and weren't interested in chemical resistance, tensile strength (>60MPa) or the flexural modulus (>9GPa)of some cured resins, only cost and odor. They have hundreds of formulas that target manufacturing vs hobby applications.

      --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, "jmelson2" <elson@...> wrote:

      > I work for a university chemistry department, and we are
      > looking seriously at getting a 3D printer. I have been pushing
      > for a resin/DLP printer instead of an FDM extruder.
      > They want to buy a commercial machine instead of a project
      > to tinker with, so I have been suggesting the B9 creator.
      > I've been trying to get some info on the properties of the cured
      > object, as it is likely to get designed into chemistry experiments.
      > I have sent messages to Fernando and Michael with no response
      > so far. Does anyone know what the standard SpotA resin turns out
      > to be when cured? If this has been documented in the archives,
      > some help to find the relevant articles would be greatly appreciated.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Jon

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic