8126Re: [diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] Re: ultrasound mixer

    Feb 18, 2013
      Magnetic stirrer "fleas" might be a neat way to do it.

      Graham

      On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 2:59 PM, afogassa <afogassa@...> wrote:

      maybe you are right, i´ve being thinking about and i think a vibration system might work better then pumps. i just need to shake things up.
      A pump would still have the pigment setting down at corner of the vat unless i´ve a tube running along the vat´s edge with lots of holes on it but then i mould need a powerfull pump and need extra resin to fill it up.
      i don´t want to remove the resin from vat when i´m not using it becouse i lose some resin everytime i clean the vat and it can damage the silicon on a short time.
      So, I think of having four motors with impellers or a single motor with a mixing arm (rc servo motor) to keep things moving when i´m not using it.my vat has a air tight top lid on it adding motors with impellers on the lid to keep it moving when i´m not using looks like a better idea.It would turn on and of maybe every 15 min. in stand by.
      if i increase the vat return speed when printing would also keep the resin moving around and keep it well mixed during the build process.

      --- In diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication@yahoogroups.com, Graham Stabler wrote:

      > Or vibrate some paddles suspended in the resin. Or what about a frame
      > (square with square cut out) sitting in the tank at the bottom around the
      > build area, lifting this up and down would cause resin to be sucked under
      > and then pushed out disturbing it?
      >
      > One general issue with using pumps to mix might be that you end up with
      > areas with less flow and therefore a build up, like silt in a river. An
      > ultrasonic mixer may be just the thing, no where for the resin to hide?
      >
      > Graham
      >

      > On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 12:35 AM, afogassa wrote:
      >
      > > **

      > > it would be off when projecting. don´t know how the resin would react to
      > > it thou.
      > > I´ve seeing some water oil blending being done with ultrasound maybe it
      > > can keep the pigment well mixed in the resin.
      > > there are some cheap facial cleaning ultrasound stuff on ebay.
      > > another idea is to use a couple pager motors to vibrate the glass.

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic