7747[diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication] PCB as heated build bed

    Dec 5, 2012
      Don't forget that you also need a big heat sink to efficiently harvest heat from the surroundings as it is just a pump.

      A 250w cartridge heater is 2 quid on eBay and a good alternative to the slightly costly silicone pads.

      These could be used with the same controller but it might be wise to go with a totally low voltage system unless you know what you are doing.

      To return to the original poster, a number of people have just used some nichrome wire and taped it to the underside of the bed with kapton tape, I've even seen a few people use power resistors screwed underneath.

      On Wednesday, December 5, 2012, Francis Leach wrote:

      Hi Jon

      I agree that your scheme is much simpler but my offering is temperature controlled with settable digital readout. Cost around £19 delivered to your door.

      How about some sourcing details and a specification?

      On 5 December 2012 18:37, Jon Elson <elson@...> wrote:

      Francis Leach wrote:
      > Kevin
      > Consider using a Peltier effect heater. Find them on ebay : TEC1-12710
      > TEC Thermoelectric Cooler Peltier 154W 10A 40mm : item 310413350611
      Gee, that's the complex way to go! You can also get self-adhesive
      heating elements
      from a number of sources. i got some surplus a number of years ago.
      Just peel
      off the cover paper and stick it onto aluminum sheet, and connect to a
      heat controller.

      Francis Leach

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic